What do you like in your oatmeal?

oatmeal - oatmeal for breakfast
My goal is to lower my cholesterol this year and to serve healthier food to my kids. To tell you the truth there is nothing better than oatmeal for breakfast on a cold winter morning. I am so glad that my kids love to eat oatmeal. As a kid my mom served us oatmeal with sweetened milk. Now I serve oatmeal to my kids with 2% milk and a little brown sugar. What do you put in your oatmeal?
i like raisins and sugar along with a dab of butter in my oatmeal.
Sounds wonderful!!
@Bee1955 (3885)
I am a plain jane type of person with oatmeal. I prefer just plain sugar to taste and a little milk. I cant eat oatmeal any other way - dont put raisins, brown sugar, fruit, chocolate or pancake syrup in it. I wont eat it.
I don't know if I could eat it plain. Well at least you put a little sugar in it to taste!! I am eager to see the effect that eating oatmeal daily will have on my cholesterol.
@loved1 (5336)
I usually buy the little packets of flavored oatmeal. My favorite right now is a cinnamon vanilla flavor. I also like the banana nut bread flavor.