What is more important, make more money or save money ?

@LittleMel (14036)
It seems that everytime I save money, something comes up and I always end up spending more.
@lameran (1148)
ok, if we talk about this, maybe we talk about our self opinion, since different people have its own tought n opinion on case like this. for me, if you can make a lot money than it is more great than if you save more money. But and since I can't get a lot money so often (just sometimes), so I must save more money. but if you can make more money easyly it bee good, you don't have to hard works to save money. offcourse if you can make more money and also save more moeney, that will be perfect. sorry IMHO
@LittleMel (14036)
I see your point.
@LittleMel (14036)
That's right I guess to save more you have to earn more since it's just what life is, many things we can't avoid.
@adidas7878 (2013)
i think it is both, you cant save any money if you dont make more than enough, but you cant make tons of money without saying, because you will be broke fast that way. so i would say it would to be both way, money earn money save, soon it will be alot down the road.
@LittleMel (14036)
OK. I believe you. How can you go wrong? you have 10 cars hahaha teasing you
@wolfie34 (26791)
Unfortunately as I am currently unemployed it is very difficult if not impossible to save money, all of my savings are draining away and it's true you can never replace them, so in my current circumstance I would definitely say the most important thing is to make money so I keep myself afloat before my meagre savings dry up totally!
@LittleMel (14036)
that's very bad, wolfie. how long have you been unemployed? can't you claim for unemployment help? You can make money online I know for sure if you ask here someone with expertise can help, at least for your grocery since you are single am I right? I don't know what job you are looking for, but maybe it's good idea to just get any job you can like factory labour, janitor etc and keep applying for the job you want, at least you'll earn. Just a thought.
i think that saving money ismore important, for meit is hard, my husband will make more money and then we will just spend it, it is very important to save up money, because for us we have a lot of mishaps with bills and the car t seems like the car breaks down right at the wrong time each time! ( like the day before my wedding! were we didnt have apenny left to our name!) so it would be better and wiser to save money tht way tere you always had it if you ever needed it
@LittleMel (14036)
yes if we only earn and not save the money would be just wasted, no fund for emergency
• Thailand
for me making more money is very like thing to do, because there is so many things that I want in my life, ex- a house, nice car, traveling around, and produce a movie.... so much thing to do...... but first I have to build source of streaming money first.
@LittleMel (14036)
yes because you just started earning money. I've been there.
I think saving more money is more important than how much you make. If you think about it, if you made 1,000,000 dollars a year you would be spending it more. But if you saved some of it you will always have something to fall back on "Just in case". Saving is always more important than how much you make. Good luck to you.
@LittleMel (14036)
but what about all the unexpected expenses? like car broke down and vet bill for pet surgery even if your pet is indoor..
Hmmmm keep at bank and put debit/credit card at home ^^ My mom do that and thats why she never spend a ot more than what she can save ^^
@polachicago (19073)
The mor important is balance between making money and spending money. It should be not more than 60% spend.
@LittleMel (14036)
Ok so let's say you eqarn $ 1500 then you spend max $ 750? but what if you should spend more? I mean every month? this means you still have to earn more than $ 1500/month right?
@polachicago (19073)
You should spend not more than weekly earning on rent/mortgage, and not more than weekly pay on rest. It is hard of you have high cost of living or high habit of spending.
@LittleMel (14036)
OK there is 4 weeks in one month. So my mortgage should be 25% my monthly earnings the max and I should spend only another 25% for other things. I wish I could do that LOL what about car installment, insurance, grocery? No I'm not big spender LOL just so happens like that
@ydnac22 (804)
For me its both important..Me myself tried to make more money and at the same time i saved.I believe that no matter how much you try hard to make money if you dont know how to save then evrything will just end up to nothing.You will not see your efforts at the end.Its just like your working long hours everyday and yet you dont know know where your money is going.So its better to make more money and save for the future.
@LittleMel (14036)
I guess that we do for retirement, but for everything else it's like neverending circle
LittleMel, welcome to America. That is how an average Ameican worsks, which is why the average American's amount in savings and inestments (minus unsecured debts) is negative. To answer your question, saving the money is much more important. Please refer to my response at www.mylot.com/w/discussions/679085.aspx for more information. I'd be more than happy to discuss any of your thoughts with you more.
@LittleMel (14036)
interesting advice! I do get cash backs from some card issuer companies, but the money returns to my card and so I get to spend it again to get cash back (again) it rotates