Nail polish on the carpet.

I am so upset right now my 9 year old decided she wanted to paint her nails now I have nail polish on my brand new carpet. Is there anyway to get it out without ruining the carpet?
@Polly1 (12647)
Get some nail polish remover, put some on a cotton ball, dab some of the remover on the dried polish. When it starts to dissolve the polish soak it up on another clean towel. this will take some time, be patient. Keep working with it, it should come up. Do not pour the remover on the dried polish, it will dissolve the glue backing on the carpet. If everything fails, you can call your insurance company, sometimes your ins. will pay for new carpeting. After you get the polish up, take some clear water and put some on a towel and blot that on the carpet to rinse it. Good Luck.
Thank you so much when my husband finds out he is going to have a cow. It's brand new carpet.