Which one wakes you up? Coffee or cold shower?

@LittleMel (14036)
I found that shower wakes me up moe than coffee.
@Evacuee (1148)
Sorry LittleMel but I'm not really a coffee drinker and a cold shower would certainly wake me up but I prefer a nice cup of English style tea!
@LittleMel (14036)
Sounds good. English man drinking English tea :):)
I love my coffee. But have to admit it doesn't do the trick. A shower perks me up more.
@LittleMel (14036)
yes some people do both.
I find a nice shower gives me lots of energy to start the day. I only drink decaffinated coffee so it doesn't have much of an effect of waking me up, although breakfast usually helps.
@LittleMel (14036)
oh yes I can't start the morning without breakfast
@neha_khan (1803)
• Pakistan
shower wakes me up also more than anything
@LittleMel (14036)
Yes, it does wake me up. But I'm not a coffee person so I guess that's my only choice
@Fishish (697)
i drink water firs thing in the morning. it clears my mind and i feel fresh. early morning shower is nto a good idea for me as i like to laze around before i start the day. coffee just makes me feel a bitter taste in my mouth and i dont prefer it
I find that a Diet Coke wakes me up more than anything. But if I were to choose between these two options, I'd choose a cold shower. At least I know a cold shower won't stain my teeth! : )
@LittleMel (14036)
another coke person WOW I do suspect coke contains caffeine but you are just the s2nd person I heard using it to wake you up
Oh yeah. It contains caffeine. I try just to drink a couple a week. I have migraines for so many reasons and a little caffeine can keep a migraine away.
@LittleMel (14036)
now that's new. caffeine can keep migraines away? thanks for the info!
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I usually wake up bright and breezy anyway, but I do love my first cup of coffee when I get up - on my own, in peace and quiet, followed by a shower - then I'm set for the day! However, when I was working full-time I always hit the shower first, so I guess our habits change with our circumstances.
@LittleMel (14036)
how do you do that? wake up bright before taking anything else?? very good rested sleep??
@abbey19 (3129)
• Gold Coast, Australia
I am a morning person, always have been, and my mother is the same. I guess it's in the genes!
@adidas7878 (2013)
neither that can wake me up i can drink a few cup of coffee and still can go to sleep and cold shower only less a few minutes till my body warm up, i have to say either jolt or mt dew that is the only two things that can wake me up nothing else seem to work.
@LittleMel (14036)
that's really strange! cold water can't do the trick? you must be heavy sleeper :)
nope i am not i wake when the alarm clock go off, i dont sleep though it, but i get tired during the day and shower and coffee dont do the trick, only things right now that does alittle bit is the cold mountain dew, and i have to slam it
Me too I get more awake with cold water. Actually instead of coffee in the morning I drink cold juice it makes me more alert and it really wakes up my nerves. With coffee I feel more sleepy and I have it whenever barf theres this sour taste. Even with coffee I like it more cold.
@LittleMel (14036)
cold juice in the morning? well yes shower wakes me up more than hot coffee, but drink something cold in the morning ? goodness I can't imagine doing that here up north :)
@palpalsky (900)
i think coffee works fine .in my case
@LittleMel (14036)
I guess caffeine does work for most people
@aweins (4203)
ofcourse a cold shower, what else can be compared to it.
@LittleMel (14036)
no, nothing compares to cold shower :):)I'm with you!
It's shower for me..It's very rare that i drink coffee in the morning..Im just not used to drinking something hot first thing in the morning..
@LittleMel (14036)
I drink tea in the morning sometimes, keeps me warm
@jean_rose (416)
I found out the same! The cold shower is more effective in really waking up every nerve in my body. The coffee only wakens my mind. But with a cold shower, the moment the water hits my skin, the nerves also seem to jump. Maybe, it has something to do with the change in temperature.
@LittleMel (14036)
change of temperature LOL what a mild way to say it! it's like cold water hit you in the head - i'd say
Every morning when i get up i feel great with a cup of hot coffee. It is great to drink coffee. But it is good always to have a tea that is bed tea i suppose. What do you take when you wake up.
@LittleMel (14036)
I take a shower or just wash my hair. I can't drink coffee, somehow it makes me dizzy rather than to wake me up
@astromama (1226)
Definitely a big, hot cup of slightly sweet, creamy coffee.... yum! A cold shower would probably wake me up, but it wouldn't do anything good for my mood!
@LittleMel (14036)
hahaha I know what you mean. sometimes I don't even take a shower!
@pimponel (291)
I don`t drink cofee, so the showers wake me up
@LittleMel (14036)
just like me, seems like that's our only choice
@lols189 (4797)
a shower and cup of tea wakes me up in the morning which i need most days
@LittleMel (14036)
oh I don't know tea can do that too. i drink tea before I go to sleep
@SetoKun (287)
I love coffee but it's not effective for me. I can drink probably 3 cups of coffee and still feel sleepy. Nothing beats a cold shower in waking me up. I feel fresh and ready to go once I've taken a cold shower. Actually hot stuffs makes me feel more sleepy that's why coffee won't do the trick for me.
@LittleMel (14036)
?? 3 cups? now I never heard that before!
@goms11 (73)
usually brushing helps me to become little active..but a shower makes me bright..i dont have the habit of drinking coffee in the morning... i will have a breakfast..
@LittleMel (14036)
now that's new to me. I brush my teeth in the morning but that doesn't wake me up LOL the shower before that does
I use coffee to wake me up as there's no way I could bare a cold shower!
@LittleMel (14036)
I know, it's not everybody's cup of coffee, the shower I mean