Why do you deny invitations to be a friend?

@manong05 (5029)
I don't usually deny for not wanting to hurt people's feelings. But lately I denied 2 for the following reasons: 1. One has no avatar, no record of postings, no record of responses, absolutely nothing. I'm not sure what his intention was. 2. The other one has no record of postings but has made several responses all the same and obviously were copy pasted. Will you do the same? Do you have your own reasons why you deny an invitation?
@Thomas73 (1467)
Before I accept a friend request, I always check the profile of the user and the discussions he/she started. If there are no discussions, I simply wait until the potential friend has started one. I need to know if we share common interests and how this person writes. Someone who's too lazy to spell 'you' doesn't have a chance, for instance. Those friends may not share my opinions either, but it doesn't matter to me, and I add them anyway if I see that they can argument properly in a debate.
@sutan74 (1112)
coffee - plain cup of coffee
I like to accept in my friend list people who have quality post and with a complete profile in them even if they don't have pictures.. Especially with 0 discussions and no responses at all. When I started here I don't have friends too. But when I posted some topics and some have responded to it I just invite them as friends and they added me...
So far I have not denied anybody. I may have to remove one or two, but for now, all is ok. I do look at their profiles first, but as of yet, have seen nothing to make my deny anyone.
I've only denied a couple and it was for the same reasons you did. I have nothing against new members, but I'm suspicious of someone who would request me as a friend before posting anything at all.
I've denied a couple of friend requests simply because it appeared we have nothing in common. When I started out on mylot.com, I didn't think of how choosing friends might be a benefit or a distraction. Now I know better.
@072006 (1279)
hey, really i dont deny any of friend request i get, no matter how many replies he or she has posted, and how many friends they allready have, no matter even they are activ eor passive here in mylot, but by denying their friend request i just dont wanna be rude to them, so i accept every freind request i get, stay happy here!!
@jwfarrimond (4474)
So far I have not denied a friend request but I agree with your reasons for denying a request. What's the point of having a mylot friend who does nothing or who abuses the system?
I never deny anybody, even new members who have no postings or responses. I accept them and give them the opportunity to prove themselves. I have deleted one for sending spam in private messages, another for asking for money in chain mails and I will definitely delete anybody who cheats.