What do you think about Stephen King's movies?

@LittleMel (14036)
I like some of them but they are mostly too intense. I think he is original though and my favourite is Rose Red, scary but there is sadness and betrayal story in it too.
@adidas7878 (2013)
there is so many of stephen king's movie out there i dont know which one i like the most, he also got a alot of good books out there too, if you like his movie i am sure you will like his books, check into you library.
@LittleMel (14036)
I don't really read books, but the movies are good I'd say, not all but most. Rose Red for sure is scary but it has drama in it too
@phatkat (113)
I do read his books,...and the human imagination as Stephen King would manipulate, does more than the movie ever could do. I was deeply, deeply, disappointed in Pet Semitary.
@hmbw_24 (407)
hi, i love stephen king, but im more of a reader of his books than a watcher of his movies. i pick books over movies anyday, my favorite book and movie of his is the stand. the bood (unedited version is great) and the movie is pretty darn good too.
@LittleMel (14036)
I don't know that one, let's see if i can rent it
@Impervious (1154)
love em, love em, love em although the books are usually better
@LittleMel (14036)
yea i heard people said that too. i am not much a book reader so i only know the movie.
@phatkat (113)
If you read his novels first you would agree that the movies are horrible and doesn't do his ingenuity justice. The only movie that I really like made from his books is Misery. That movie there made me recognize Kathy Bates and never forget her name or face. All others, they might start off ok, but the conclusions or endings seem a bit off. I take that back... the other movie that I was terrified of because I saw it as a little girl was The Shining. Jack Nicholas scared the hockey puck out of me. I haven't seen that movie since it came out and still remember the details. For that reason I never want to see twin girls in their preteens holding hands and speaking at the same time. I would totally freak! Oh,.. and no tricycles in the house. and no redrums. I need therapy
@LittleMel (14036)
OMG I completely forgot that oldie The shining! yes that awesome jack nicholson, how can i forget that? Have you seen Rose red though?? maybe try to rent it and tell me what you think
@shambuca (2560)
i loved rose red
@LittleMel (14036)
Great to know someone else watched it! it was kind of scary of course but there is drama in it too, so sad ..