What do you do when you see blatant plagarism on myLot?

@sharone74 (4838)
I have seen some very blatant acts of plagarism. Where the discussion is taken directly from a book or website. I don't want to run around hurling accusations at people, but then again plagarism just burns my a$$! I can't stand it when someone just cuts and pastes and calls someone elses material their own! Do you report acts of myLot vandalism or do you just quietly ignore it?
@catch_me (930)
we have to just quietly ignore tht..i even not respond to tht discussions which i found to be dublicate or taken from some website.... i think mylot should keep somke moderator to see n clean all the spams....n stop such activities....
@re08dz (1941)
But if you ignore it rather than report it - myLot may never come across it. There's a lot of members here now and an awful lot of discussions and responses to try and keep track of, unless the admins know about things that go against the violations those people may just continue to do it.
When I find a copy & paste situation, I report it to MyLot. It is against MyLot rules to do that. I cannot remember his MyLot name, but he has started what's called the "MyLot Police" to keep an eye out for things like this. I even had someone who was copying & pasting in every discussion he could find with, "I don't understand your topic. Please elaborate..." in all of my discussions, & in a lot of my friends' discussions. His responses have vanished, & so has he.
This is something that I have not happened upon as of yet and one of those ethical things that I really hope not to get caught up into ~Donna
@braided (698)
I was a English teacher in Korea for 5 years and they think its ok to plagarize anything ..cheating is accepted as normal ... i hate it ... it makes me sick ... but i'm sorry i dont know what to do about it ... unless you just point out who it was and embarrass them or report it to my lot ... sorry ..not sure
@re08dz (1941)
I have a major problem with it too and for awhile there every second discussion I opened had a cut and paste of an article etc found somewhere on the interent. It did seem to get better, though I have noticed a few again recently. I do report it. As someone who has many articles and short stories scattered around the internet I know I would be horrified to find someone using words that I had put a lot of time and effort into and basically claiming them as their own. I honestly don't think these people understand what type of trouble they could get into: both finacially and legally for the sake of a few cents in their pockets. And I wouldn't be surprised if myLot could also get into trouble for hosting pages of plagiarsed works. I think reporting it does work to rid the site of the copied articles and eventually the people doing it - it just takes time - and those that get reported eventually notice their earnings either going down or not they're not getting any money at all.