How to deal with a Bipolar child?

my oldest daughter is bipolar and he mood swings are so bad.She is on medications for it andin therapy. She has started her period about a year ago and she is only 10. How do you deal with the mood swings that a child gets. Sometimes its hard to be around her and her sisters have a hard time dealing with her.Don't get me wrong I love my daughter with all of my life but sometimes she is hard to deal with. Will she grow out of this or is it gonna get worse? how does a parent deal with a child like this without making the child think they are not loved or they are bad??
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
bi polar disorder is a life long condition and all you can do to cope with it is to offer lots of unconditional love and understanding. It may well never disappear but wont get any worse. Why not focus on her boost and her creative side? Some of the most talented individuals the world has ever produced have been blessed with this condition. Celebrate her creativity that will go a long way to making the child realise how loved and how special they are blessed be
• Pakistan
hiii well i dont have any children :) hmm well i was reading a book about childern and some doctor i dont know his name he quoted that children who use candies,lots of chocolates and fizzy drinks they became more boplar and cranky. i hope you are getting it.best advise it is you can consult with your doctor too.anst it best respond :P ok ask your doctor first :) chill out
Unfortunately, that's how bipolar disorder works. She needs to keep on going with her medication. She also needs to know that she is loved. Don't lose your temper or patience with her when she gets out of control. It won't make anything better.
I want to say I have seen this with friends and I know how hard it is on both you and your child..although i cant give you help from any personal experience,.,i have found groups for you to talk to of parents that are going threw it and give advice..and just to vent..heres one site,.. http://www.angelfire.com/wa/SapperWife86/BP.html although i did some intense reading on what you are going threw..Lord help you! I did learn that This doesn't mean they are "bad" kids -- they are just intense kids. And they seek intensity from others as well -- especially their parents! Unfortunately, they have discovered that their parents are the most intense and exciting when things are going wrong. What parents may have viewed as punishment for their Bipolar child was actually a reward (i.e., the child received a bigger payoff for misbehavior). also i found some help online for you.,.here is theer site..the sign up is pretty simple.. http://www.bipolarparenting.com/register/ I wihs you and your daughter the best of luck!!
My 18 year old daughter is also bi-polar and is on medication. She has been diagnosed since the age of 13. I think she started developing bi-polar right after she had gotten her period. Before that, she was fine. I am trying to cope with her moods swings. All I can suggest is to hang in there.