Carrying a pen---- it it too heavy?????????

Many a times i came across situations where the young people of today,,, i mean my own generation, donat carry a pen even with them when they go out, strange!!!!!!!!I remember when i was young and was in my schools, we were taught in the lectures of moral science that, its a part of personality that u carry a pen whenever u r out!! What happened now, is that knowledge taught in my school days is outdated now and pen have been replaced by the textual service provided by Mobiles and palmtops... and if it so i wish palmtops and mobiles can help me signing a form or cheque.... watever it is, i havnt forget that lesson yet and i always carry a pen with me,, Do u also, and if not then answer me,can ur palmtop sign the cheque for u or is a pen too heavy to carry???????
@jhallii (155)
really we get forget pen whn move out as carrying cells,cards,handbag,,etc ,,totally forget about it....and its really replaced by mobiles,pagers,,,,and dont require much...........but still keeping pen is not bad idea.
Everyone is in a rush, it's hard to remeber everything. And usually when I go out to the supermarket or some store, I don't really think about bringing a pen. As I don't see the real reason to need it, when im out buying a new cd or a pizza at dominos. I mean if I ever needed to sign for anything, whoever wants me to sign something should have a pen on them.
I always carry a pen, but I rarely use it. If I need to take down a number I plug it into my cell phone. I don't know growing up we always carried pens but with all the new technology there isn't a need for them. I also don't see people writing checks as much thats been replaced with the debt card and credit cards.