American Idol

What is your personal opinion on Simon? I personally thing that he can be a bit of a jerk to the contestants. He should slack up but I think that this is the reason that they keep him on the show, it gets people to talk more about it. It would be less fun without Simon. What is your opinion on this?
@Acts238girl (2088)
i think Simon is really rude but without him it wouldn't be much good.i have noticed here lately Simon and Ryan have been getting into it a little bit.
@cwilson26 (2736)
At first I couldn't stand Simon but now he makes the show part of what it is. I do think he is a big jerk but some of those people do need his hard criticism. I don't like Paula anymore. She is too nice to everyone. Someone could be terrible and she would tell them how great they were. Randy is getting bad too. No one could be as bad as Simon but he is getting close. I think at the beginning of the season this year they were all three very mean. They were constantly laughing at the really bad ones and I think that was mean. Like you said though the show wouldn't be what it is without Simon. He does tell the truth most of the time whether it be mean or not but there are some good ones and he tells him they are terrible. :)
i think he's kinda rude to the contestants saying things like it's the most horrible voice he ever heard and stuffs like that. he must tone down a little bit but i also agree with you that his character keeps him to the show though i pity those contestants that went through rejections. hope this season of american idol is a good one