What is your current quilting project?

Israel
I am working on a pieced paper hearts project to make a quilt for my daughter for her 8th birthday. She works on it as well, I'm teaching her to sew straight. I do the seams by hand while waiting for the pages to load on MYLOT!!
Whata wonderful project for you and your daughter to do together....Im working on a crazy quilt right now of old silk neckties and velvet pieces...I just do a 9 inch by 9 inch square at a time piecing it and then going back and doing the stitches.
• Israel
How do you do a crazy quilt? Do you make a pattern? Can you post a picture?
@funnysis (2619)
I just finished up some hot pads to set pans on without burning the table and I am fixing to make some place mats and a quilt for my grandson who will be 1 year old next month I crochet while I am on the net doing different things and with that I am finishing up an aphgan so I have been quite busy.I bet the quilt you are making is going to be beautiful is there away to get the pattern for it.good luck on the quilt.
• Israel
I got the pattern for it by searching the internet with slashmysearch.com/earn/id946, but it doesn't seem to be working today. I put in beginning quilts, and I went to one of the sites and it came up. The pattern is my Mary Graham, so maybe if you search on her name you can find her site. The download is in a .pdf file. Good luck!!
@RivahGal (34)
I'm working on a baby quilt for a friend's baby, and the quilt that I started for my son when he was 13...I hope to have it done by the time he's 16 in July! I am also getting ready to start a flip flop wall hanging for our new house. So many projects; so little time! Julie web manager www.drdavestein.com
I love the idea of a project you can do with your daughter. I have never quilted, but grandma did a lot, and mom talked about it, but did not get it done. I have a tumbling blocks quilt top she made, or at least it came from her house. I have found the perfect fabric to back it with. Maybe I will get to it soon.
I am dreadful as I start lots of projects as I do everything by hand and I get bored easily. So my current works in progress are: 1. A blue/white snow influenced flannel quilt for a friend (1 full side done and half way through the second). Due for Thanksgiving this year. 2. A sew a row quilt - each row showcasing a differeny food/cuisine. The back will be a mass of random patches of food fabric. No finish date as it's for my husband. 3. A babby flannel quilt - due within 6 months. 4. a huge broken star quilt made up of reds and golds. For my sister. 5. A halloween quilt for my nephew. 6. A "santa's sack" for my nephew. One day I'll make something for me!
I am slowly but surely working on a grandmother's flower garden. I have other projects going, but this is just for me. I also just found a cool way to do bargello quilts with a pattern for a jewelry roll, so I may do that. I gotta get a new cutting mat though.
Goodness . it sounds like your internet is as slow as mine.I have taken to piecing while waiting for the pages of "Gather" to load. I would be interested to see your pieced paper hearts project. The current project that I am working on is my Grandmothers Fan Quilt. That is paper piecing as well, and all hand sewn. You can see my progress at http://quiltprogress.blogspot.com