Pet or spouse?

@LittleMel (14036)
I love animals and was raised with 11 cats and 4 pigeons not to mention neighbour's pets that we took care of when they went away for vacation. Now I live with my husband for 6 yrs and he constantly complain about my cat (we only have one long haired cat) shedding, sleeping on his couch, getting on top of kitchen cupboards and smelly litter. I clean the litter regularly and feed her hairball formula cat food, but I don't mind her sleeping anywhere in the house or going into the kitchen when I cook. She is just a cat and that's what cats do. I think he is exaggerating! Does your spouse complain about your pet too? What are they complaining about??
@polachicago (19073)
Man in general likes to complain about everything. my boyfriend likes to play with my dogs and my cat, but...same thing as your husband.
@LittleMel (14036)
hahaha that's true. and they said they can't understand us woman !
@polachicago (19073)
because we are superior...:)
@miryam (6507)
Perhaps I do not know I am gelus, I was married, from 10 years I had a dog, me I am sick woman, my husband I have left me, the dog alive still with me. Better the animals that the men. But you must make concigliat the occupied things of the cats that are many, when the husband not at home, when in house you have the husband like a puppy cats, in bottom is a geloso animal....
@LittleMel (14036)
I heard that many times too. Animals love and understand us more than humans. I was raised with so many pets and their "friendship" lasted until they die, while I only have 1 best friend so far that I know for sure she will never abandon our friendship for anything. My dad and brothers loved them too but they still complained about the smell, hairs and noises just like my husband. Sorry to hear about your painful experience with men. I hope you find a good one someday.
@adidas7878 (2013)
well since i am the only guy that answer this post lol i never have problem with cats, when i lived with my ex girlfriend, her cat jump up and down on me scratch me and smell up the place, but i was ok with it, i didnt let it in the room that we were staying that is all :)
@LittleMel (14036)
come on you're really Ok with it scratching you? be honest!
@mimatexas (1835)
Yes, my husband is complaining that the cat smells from the litter box and wants me to get rid of him. I also think he is exaggerating. We only have one cat and she is a great companion for us. My son plays a lot with the cat, gives him a bath every week and takes care of her.
@LittleMel (14036)
that's very nice of your son. LOL your husband is very different so maybe your son takes after your gene :)
Mine complains about changing their litter tray as I refuse to do it. I have such a weak stomach so it is not worth the agro. Sometimes he leaves it too long and the poor cats have to do their business on the balcony, which is not nice. I must admit apart from this, he is very good and will take the time to feed and stroke them. However, when the old furballs appear within stepping distance, muggings here has to clean it up. YUK!!
@LittleMel (14036)
LOL well true he helps out picking up hairballs and clean the litter when I'm busy. But not very often though since he really stresses out that she is my cat and so I have to do it