how can i make my child stop pee in pampers

Romania
hi. It could be a not very interested subject for someone, but i think i have a problem with my 3 years old son. who is still do it( pee) in the night time. In the rest of the day he ask to go to the toilet but in the night he prefer to pee himself, instead to do it in wc. What do you think i should do? Cause I try to put him in the night without pampers, or awake him when i consider it is time to pee, but he does not want to do it. I am worried cause he is 3 and he will go to "the 3 years school", sorry I don't know in english the word. thank yoy for hear me and maybe I'll get some advice.
Try not to worry abou this too much as he will go when he is ready , if you try to push the issue this will make it harder on him and will cause more stress and then he won't go for you . My three year old still doesn't go at night but I remember to keep encouraging her to go and have offered her a reward for when she can go a night without peeing , usually a little treat that she considers special . Boys are generally much slower then girls at this and I know I was a little worried to as I went through this with my son and even went to the doctor's over it and was told just not to make a big deal about accidents and that when he was ready he would learn and he did . I use this now with my daughter and know that even if she isn't going yet that she will eventually and that they are only young for so long so try not to compare with what someone else's child is already doing or was about to do before my child because in other ways she is much more advanced in her years . Best of luck !!
@akablush (21)
This is normal! Boys typiclly take longer to potty train. Never punish him for his accidents. Also over praise him when he makes it to the pot. Make going potty fun, put in some fruit loops cereal or cheerios in the toilet! Make a game out of peeing in it! Try to dunk them, try to aim in the hole of the cheerio! you get the idea?! When he says he has to go potty and you dont think he does because say maybe he just went, let him go anyways! Don't stop him. Always encourage him in using the bathroom. and at night if he has an accident, remember to be calm and have him help you clean up some, and than of course tell him its time to get on the potty to make sure were all done! (even if he says hes all done, get him on the pot)! and if after a few weeks he still isn't waking up to go to the potty himself, than I would suggest waking him up a few nights and making him get out of bed and on the pot. But the most important think to remember I think is to make it a fun time. Dont get upset. and I bet he starts going to the bathroom at night in no time~ good luck~
@avonrep1 (1862)
Sounds like he is doing just fine. Potty training has to his accomplishment not yours. If you force the issue it will take longer, trust me on this I have three kids that I potty trained. He might not be able to wake himself to go yet. That is completely normal. When he is ready, he'll go.
I think your best bet would be to talk to the doctor. The Doctor would know more about it and give the best suggestion.
@judyt00 (3504)
3 years old is not a bad age for still peeing at night. its because they little bladders aren't fully developed yet. Some kids don't learn to hold it in until puberty hits and others don't stop wetting thebed until they are adults. it all depends on how their bladders mature. I think you will find that ifyou ask a full third of 3 year olds in kindergarten still wet the bed. its no big deal, but if you punish him for it, it will just make it harder for him to learn and make your child nervous. Just reward him when he sleeps through the night without wetting his pampoers, and say nothing when he doesn't.
@ganwn071 (1117)
I think 3 is still too early, my girl only start when she is 4 half. What I did was, she will stop drinking from 8pm onward, (btw, she sleep at 9.30pm), and get her to pee the last time before she goes to bed, and at about 12am, before I go to sleep, I wake her (it is hard on her, having a hard time getting up) up again to pee. The next crucial timing will be at 4 to 5 am, that is the time she will need to go one more time before she wake up. I place a alarm clock next to her to get her up. There are misses at times. Please a mat under her bedsheet to prevent wetting the bed. Btw, do keep a night light on, so that she can make her way to the WC.
thanks for words! I feel like i should do the same way you said but, I wonder what if he grows up and still do it? then it is really a medical problem, i guess. Hope not. thanks
@sedel1027 (17851)
Great advice ganwn071. That is definitely the recipe for success. I did the same thing with my son and we had him night potty trained in about 2 weeks.
@nishdan01 (3054)
Bed wetting is unintentional loss of urine , usually during sleep at night .Infants do not have sufficiently developed nervous systems to control urination voluntarily until they are about 2 to 3years old. Controlling urination through the night may not occur until after the age of 3.A child who wets his bed recurrently after he has learned to control urination has the problem of bed wetting. There are many causes of bed wetting . it may occur because of a delay in normal development or as a result of emotional stress .About 15% of boys and10% of girls are bedwetters at the age of 5.By 9, about 5%of all children still have the problem, but will outgrow it by the time they reach purbety.Children who are bedwetters should be examined to rule out any physical abnormality in the urinarytract .Obstruction at the neck of the bladder where it joins the urethra or obstruction at the end of the urethra may cause uncontrollably dribbling of urine ,but tis is usually ooccurs during the aswell as the night.Diseases of the nerves controlling the bladder,sometimes hereditary, can cause loss of urine. It can also occur in children who are mentally retarded or mentally ill,or because of an acute or chronic illness. In the latter cases the problem disappears when the child regains his health.If all physical abnormalities for bed wetting have been explored and eliminate as possible cause, emotional problems should also be considered as a cause.An understanding altitude rather than a hostile or punitive one on the part of the parents is extremely important in helping a child who is a bed wetter. he may be anxious about school or he may feel insecure about parental acceptance.Insuch cases, an effort to bring the childs hidden feelings into the open and deal with them sympathetically usually causes the problem to disappear.
thank you for the well documentated response
ok!...i think i could give you some advice eventhough i dont have a kids yet!...too young for me to have one!...your problem is just a simple thing!...based on my observations, most parents took their kids in the comfortroom to pee before sleeping!...i think it will avoid your child in peeing in the diaper or in the bed!...that what most mother's do here in our place!lolz...it's up to you if your going to take my advice!...tc!
@MrsSgtB (289)
With my daughter in order to stop her from peeing at night we have to stop her drinks around 7pm. She is not allowed to drink anything except a little water. Then right before bed we make her go to the bathroom. Ever since we started doing this she has not peed in her pullup at night.
@gauravjm (78)
i feel u should make the child understand that is bad to pee in the pampers and talk softly n try to make it understand when it pee's in pampers children now a days are very intelligent and we can simply tell them my son a good boy he never pee's in pampers does he? should ask him and say again always my son will pee in toilet and take him to the toilet and show him the place
Hi! every little ones will do it during night times.You should not make it a habit for him to pee during night.You can make him do that just before he goes to bed so that he will not pee in the night.Or you choose a better food for the supper.
@vmoore709 (1102)
The first thing is to cut off liquids after a certain time. That way, he may not need to during the night. I wouldn't just take him out of diapers unless you're ready to wash the sheets every night. With my daughter, we woke her up every night when we were going to bed and put her on the potty (she didn't even really wake up). It worked. Once she was dry for a week straight we took her out of diapers for good.
well i don't know what i said u, bcoz i m still single. lol. well care ur son. said to son that don't do on bed. may be ur son understand this.
I believe a routine is what you need, with set times for peeing at night. My kids were usually potty trained by the age of 3 1/2. When I potty trained my kids, I made sure they didn't have anything to drink for at least an hour before they went to bed, and right before they went to bed, we made sure they used the toilet. Then we usually woke them at around midnight right as we went to bed. They absolutely hated that, but they used it, and then they were usually fine till they woke us at around 7am. We had the odd accident from time to time, but the routine makes it easier on all of you and almost regulates them in terms of when they need to go.
Hi ,it is common phenomenon ,after all he is only 3 years old ,and he will behave himself while he growing up...
@meljessxena (2317)
dont stress about it and stay calm when talking to your son, he only 3, so many young boys still do it, my sister child still does it but through the night, wakes the child up and put onto the toliet, even if means carry the child to the toliet and they have sit there half asleep even for sitting there for 10 minutes then end up doing a wee. but best bet is try getting him to have a drink an hour before going to bed, then as he going to bed he do a wee and then he shouldnt need to pee through the night.
@nandans (1161)
by continuously telling them
i think you need to give your son enough time to learn how not to pee on his pampers, he is still too young. and if he will go to school that age, then you must tell his teacher to help him go to the bathroom if he needs to pee.
@rahulmig (1031)
wait fro another year.. at the age of 3 children mid is not yet develop.. !!
@langhua (501)
it 's not a trible things for so little a baby.he is only three years old ,and many children with the same age with him ,having the same thing .when he is get bigger ,that will get better.
there are diapers in america that are for night time use only. You could look into those.. I know how you feel.. my twins just stopped peeing in their bed.. I also hear that boys have a harder time learning to go to sleep without peeing through the night. it's a pain in the butt!! you cold also try not giving him any water.. I find this method to help a lot..but my kids always wake me up for water anyway.. Good luck! it'll pass..