Cleaning the house

My fiance loves to clean. I thought that it was odd when we first got together, because he always wanted to do the cleaning. It used to drive me nuts because if I cleaned something, he would go over it again.. Over the years, I've learned to just let him do it, I just tend to the laundry. (Thats one thing he is terrible at!!) Do any of you have a partner that is that way? Did it ever bother you? I just think that it's odd that a man loves to clean..But I will never complain again because our home is always spotless. Who does the cleaning in your home?
@loisse21 (216)
my boyfriend is just like your fiance.it never really did bother me coz i tend to look at the bright side of it.before i would go and clean the entire house but once he arrives from work he'll just rest and before he sleeps he'll clean the entire house again even if he cant see any dirt in it.he told me it relaxes him and he wants to be the one to do the cleaning instead,so i let him.funny thing is that im not interested with household chores.so i do the so-called men stuff like checking the wires,painting the house,fixing broken chairseven doing a book shelf.i think thats fair enough.now that he has no job and im not living with him anymore,he still does the same thing only now for longer hours.even if he has a housekeeper.he even does the laundry and the cooking.on my bf's end its more of a relaxation thing for him.he always tells me he doesnt mean to offend me in anyway but he really finds satisfaction in doing the household chores.well as long as he is happy then i let him do it
MY fiance sayd that vey same thing. He says that it relaxes him. He still does some of the stuff outside too. We take turns with that stuff. But everything inside, he wants to do except I won't let him do the laundry!!! Thanks for responding!
Let me guess.. your husband's blood type is B*. You should be glad, my friend! Many people will be so glad if their husbands take the initiative to do the housework! :P
Years back when I found out that he was that way, I actually complained to my mother. She just looked at me and laughed. Well as the years have gone by, I can see why I should be thankful. Most men are very lazy, no offense to the men here. Thank you for responding.
Wow, that is cool that your man wants to clean. My husband will help if needed! I do most of the cleaning, but I like to clean. My little one likes to help as well.
Thanks for responding. With kids around I can see how it would be hard to keep a house clean. That would be hard, but at least your husband will help if needed.
@quispy (572)
We both do the cleaning. Let me tell you, I would not complain one bit if my husband cleaned the entire house and kept it spotless! I have a girlfriend that LOVES to clean and whenever she comes over finds something to clean (not hard to do, I have 3 kids!) I used to be embarrased when she did this, now, I just enjoy it!
@mom_of_2 (399)
LOL Can I borrow him for a day...I need a day off. Just kidding ! Well in my house I do 99% of the house work...I complain about it once in awhile but in all honesty its probably a good thing I do it....the corners would never get done if my huby was the house keeper. I say just enjoy it...many ladies would be jealous!
Thats what my mother has said to me in the past. I tested him one day, and I am very serious too. I put on a white glove, and went around the baseboards, and they were spotless!!! I even pulled books off shelves to see if he dusted there, yep!! It was clean too!! I 'm never going to complain because I just don't think that I could do that good of a job myself.. Thanks for responding.
@mom_of_2 (399)
wow..Here I thought I was good house keeper ! No way would my house pass the white glove test. Thanks for this discussion( and best response)...I'm going to show my hubby this and prove to him men CAN be good at house cleaning !!
You tell your husband that I have proof that men clean!!! As soon as i get my new scanner, I will try to remember to scan a pic of him cleaning and post it!!
My ex was that way she would come home from work after i cleaned house, did laundry and even made dinner. First she would sweep and vacumm again rearrage pillows and stuff. Then go to the closet and pull everything i folded and hung up and redo it finally she would taste dinner and add what ever she thought it needed. If i had not of loved her so much would of been pissed off but hey. If i did nothing that day she would come home survey the house and start dinner and be quite happy go figuire, I would some times tell her i did something to clean the house like cleaned the bathroom she would instantly go in there and redo it. Since we split i have found that people like that are either neat freaks, control freaks, germaphobes Obessive compulsive or they feel the need to do this for what ever reason. Solong as you are ok with it then it is all good i figuire