Wild Night

@linda345 (2661)
Well tonight I was cooking supper and the lights where flickering. I was short an egg so I went to a neigbours who I lent some the other week to see if they would return the favour. I came home to no power. My daughter said there was a huge bang and then the lights went out. We went down to the basement and we could smell burning wires and smoke. We called our landlord and the firedepartment. Ends up there was no fire just an explosion of the fuse box. We had to get hydro in to fix it. I had to go to a neighbours to see if I could finish cooking my casserole. We went for 5 hours. I didn't mind so much but I was starting to get myLot withdrawal.
@sjohnson628 (3197)
LOL! Don't you hate it when that happens? Our power went off last week for 2 hours and the it flickered twice 2 days after that causing the pc to shut down 3 times total last week! I know just how you were feeling!
@linda345 (2661)
I am just glad the explosion didn't cause a power surge and destroy my computer.
@byfaithonly (10716)
LOL mylot withdrawal - what I went through last week when my phone was out for almost 24 hours. I have figured out though my laptop will run on battery power for at least an hour :) that's at least a bit helpful as spring is coming and we are known to loss power a lot then. Glad you got your casserole done though and not too serious a problem.
@linda345 (2661)
no just embarrassing having the firedepartment pull up to your house all sirens going knowing every neighbour is out look.
@crickethear (1420)
While your casserold was baking, you should have asked them to borrow their computer? And I am only kidding. I am glad it turned out to be nothing serious.
@linda345 (2661)
Never thought to ask them to use the computer. Tried my daughters laptop but couldn't connect to any of the neighbours wireless connection.
@linda345 (2661)
@maribel1218 (3085)
Oh!! what a night you have been my friend! Glad you are back in action and see the light again lol!! It was not easy not to have electricity in the house and it will took you forever to figure out where are the things you needed and specially you are amidst cooking. Welcome back linda hope tonight will be a different night lol!!!
@linda345 (2661)
I was worried about the baby because it was so cold in here. But I had her in heavy pj's.
I'm glad it was not worse. Too bad you lost your casserole. A MyLot withdrawal, ehhehhehehe, you are funny. Hope all is back to normal now sugar.
@linda345 (2661)
The hydro men replaced the burned wires and all is ok. It doesn't smell like smoke or burning wires this morning.
@gabs8513 (48710)
Oh Dear Linda that was not good at all. I am glad you got your Electricity back though, as for getting mylot Withdrawel oh yes I certainly know how that feels believe me. I am glad you are back though.
@raydene (9874)
Geeeze,What a night.Here in the Adirondack Mts we loose power when we get big storms and it is so annoying. myLot withdrawl is funny but I know what you mean.I find myself unable to get away.