Why is my computer so slow?

@reaperz (1266)
My computer these days is so lagging and so slow! I don't know why! I scanned with everything I got and it still wouldn't go any faster. Help please...
@ezzrssi (11192)
maybe you need to add a bit of ram?
@reaperz (1266)
bit of ram? Whats that?
@stephcjh (32327)
First of all I would like to ask you a question. Do you have dialup internet service? If so, this could be one major reason why your computer is running slow. I have dialup also. When my computer gets to running really slow or sluggish I do all that I can to clean it up to make it run faster. I will list some things for you to try below. 1. run disk cleanup 2. run disk defragment 3. run your spyware 4. run your adaware 5. delete cookies 6. delete temporary files 7. try to avoid downloading a bunch of things Doing these things listed above should surely speed up your computers performance.
@rekkusu (603)
you could try defragmenting your hard drive and that might speed up your computer
1.delete cookies 2.delete all temp filess 3.use some good version fo anti virus and update it reqularly 4.clean reg now check your computer speed
@mirage108 (3403)
Did you check for spyware or adaware those items will make your pc slow. do you have indexing turned on this will make your pc slow also. maybe there is a program freezing up which when this happens it will make your system slow. to check for a program freezing up you need to get to the task manager and see if you have something using 100% of the cpu time if you do then that is what is causing it to go slow.