What? No milk?!

This is just a rambling on my part. Pay no attention to the man behind your monitor, typing frantically away like a madman. What he does, at times, is for his own sake. His sanity needs a reprieve, and there's no one there to give it to him. He must CREATE it! Like twisting very fine threads into a thicker rope, he takes parts and pieces of his life that seem to make no sense, even to himself, and form some kind of pattern from it all. The crazy part...it's just nuts, is that at times, there is almost no effort. None whatsoever, and he has to imagine some kind of wrinkle to throw into the works. He does this almost magically, and then when life gets almost unbearable, berates himself for those ludicrous choices. The cycle swings, once again, downward. What is it about the feeling that a person has to suffer to really succeed? Is that rational? Did I just make that observation up, or am I on to something? I just don't know. What I've found to be true in most cases concerning my own small problems, is this: There can be no other point of view, because when it comes right down to it, I make the final decision. Even if it wasn't before, THAT becomes my new point of view. So, what's the sense in asking anyone else's opinion in something of which you are the sole expert? How can anyone else know what will ultimately make you happy? That's as ridiculous as my eating a candy bar, and then, when I few moments have passed and I've forgotten all about it, ranting and raving about the thief, and how when I finally find them out...oh they're gonna git it!
@cher913 (25859)
Interesting... I view writing as a tapestry...I admire people that can write fiction and weave a story....(i write non fiction and haven't dared to write much more than a short story in fiction...)
Winston Churchill once said: "Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" Madonna sings in one of her songs: "If it's bitter at the start, then it's sweeter in the end." Or what about this one: "Those who sow with tears, reap with joy" I think that is so true. As far as I'm concerned success cannot come into existence without some form of suffering. It's like the yin/yang principle.
You know what? I didn't think anyone would respond to this one. Wow. I mean, I guess I was really off the mark. I write something months ago, that I hoped would garner some serious conversation- no credible responses. Then, last night, tired and just 'winging' it, provokes better tailored and thought out insights. I totally love this, because I'm learning just as I sit here reading your stuff.