Cell phones--road hazard

By JJ
@myklj999 (50777)
Do you think cell phone conversations are a distraction to drivers and can cause accidents?
Cell phones should be for emergency use only when on the road. Personal and business phone calls should be done at home or at the office. There is no conversation that is more important than safety when driving.
@myklj999 (50777)
Thank you. I like what I see in your responses; clear, direct answers that you've definitly thought out. Good work!!
@srhelmer (7033)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I have to avoid wrecks almost daily and it's usually because the person is talking away on their cell phone and not paying attention to the road. I think driving and talking on a phone should be illegal.
@myklj999 (50777)
Thank you for posting.
@wathanjim (2214)
Yeah they are a hazzard but I use mine while driving all the time
@keith91 (203)
no
@aquarian83 (1944)
yeah they surely are cause of lots of accidnets
@emarie (5447)
i think its more of a distraction, and anything can cause someone to be distracted while driving. some people can multi task well and still drive just as good. it was shown the most hazerdous was fiddling with the radio/stereo. that causes you to take you eyes off the road as well. i used to talk on the phone and drive, but i i felt the conditions where bad and need to concentrate more i would hang up. my sister calls me while on the phone as well...but all of us use the handsfree kit.
• Netherlands
It is sad that some people are not able to multi-task effectively and are in denial about it. I do not see why it is so hard for people to use their phones and drive at the same time. Are they able to chew gum and walk? Anyway with handsfree so easily available they should just drop the few extra bucks and get one if they really feel the urge to talk on the phone and drive. I have a cell with a speaker phone feature and I clip the phone to my visor and use that.... no problem. If there is someone else in the car with me it is easy to slip that little earphone in and go.... Sheesh it doesn't take a genuis....