Jeans and a sweater

@soccermom (3200)
Usually when I go to work I wear jeans and I nice sweater, unless I have appointments. I was up til midnight last night baking cookies so my kids and hubby would have them, when I got to bed my puppy sat next to me and cried almost all night and my son is getting molars so he was up at 4am and just wanted to cuddle. After my hubby left for work at 4:30 I put my son in our bed and he's sleeping like a baby.;) I treid to catch a nap but the dogs wanted out and then my oldest got up for school. I am running late because I have no motivation and the one dreary (weather wise)day I have to be alone in my office all day I have 3 appointments and have to dress like I know what I'm doing. I'm tired and really wondering what on earth made me thought cookies were so important. I could just wear jeans and a sweater, but I'm writing new business, alot of it and want to make a good impression. Do you ever do stuff and then the next morning wonder or fell like you're being punished for it?
All I can say is "poor you" there is a lot to be said for retirement and your family being grown. Lucky me!
@soccermom (3200)
Oh yeah, rub it in!! That's okay, I know my day will come. LOL
@SpitFire179 (2536)
I may not go out and work but i know what you mean... Because i have roomies at home i pretty much need to be clothed all the time (That's so not me :S haha) and it's gotta be decent, and though i don't have to wear anything professional, i can't go walking around in my lingerie, or housecoat or anything all the time, especially wince they like to bring their friends around, and then there's stupid people that usually come to my house once or 2ice a week, that i need to deal with, and look pretty decent. A lot of times i'm up late, really late, doing things for everyone here, be it cleaning the house, baking little treats, or doing everyone else's laundry (AND OH MY GOD THE STAINS I HAVE TO WORK AT FOR HOURS!!!) Then, when i wake up around noonish after the nights of slaving away for hours on end until the sun's nearly up, everyone always says - oh it must be nice to not work and get to sleep till all hours of the day UGH! i cook, i clean, i do laundry, i bake, i do everything they ask me to do, without a question, or complaint, i rarely get a thanks, job done well, or anything, and i don't ask for it (Though it would be nice to hear once in a while) Some days i would just love to stay in bed all day with a nice book and a cup of cocoa, i would just love it, and because of this idiotic schedual i keep, i rarely have motivation till night, but i still get up usually in the morning, get dressed and then sit at this thing (Computer) for a few hours, reading, chatting, and organizing it... Until someone needs my help again... Ugh, i need to clean the house, wanna help? Don't worry, we may not be in the same situation, or even close to it, but i still totally know how you feel... I want a nap :( Hahaha, hope your feeling better hunni...
@soccermom (3200)
When I was younger I shared a 3 bedroom apartment with 4 other people. I totally know what you're talking about. I worked at home at that point to for an adult entertainment hotline and all my roomies thaought I had nothing better to do than their share of the housework. i always hoped the people I was on the phone with couldn't hear me doing sishes in the background while they were trying to get their "happy" on. Hey, if ya ever need someone to vaccuum, i'm there for ya! I love to vaccuum for some weird reason. I did end up in jeans and a sweater today, and not one of my new clients said anything about it. they probably left and thought I was a little unconventional or something, but I know my stuff so I'm hoping that makes up for it. I'd tell your roomies it's time to pay the fiddler and start pulling their own weight, it sounds like they are taking advantage. Go on strike and see how they like it then.
@Lakota12 (42681)
Dont do it at night for I dont want to wake any one up but in the day time I try to do thing sthayt I think that it is helping out the family and do you think anyone notices? Nope When I stopped they sure did. After my hubby passed away and sometime before I took over all the little things he did around the house which became bigger than I thought ha ha BUt when I stopped some of them I get cussed out and was asked what had I done all day Well I have a 2 year old grand daughter that now wants outside all the time and as I love the outdoors I have no problem being outsidde with her and all the little nice things get pushed aside but I do think I am getting punished when they dont notice or when I get holered at for not doing it . Hope you finally figured out what to wear and get all the business out of the way
@soccermom (3200)
I have to do it at night because I work almost all day, and then it's make dinner, homework with the kids, baths, etc..And the last few weekends have been all tied up and we're busy through Easter do i don't get a chance otherwise. Thank god my kids sleep like rocks and the kitchen is at the other end of the house! LOL I did end up saying heck with it and wore jeans and a sweater today, I just didn't feel like putting an effort into looking the part. Thankfully all my new clients so far have seen past the jeans and sweater and looked at my knowledge.
@gabs8513 (48712)
Yes I do and I have done very often in the past to I hope you got through your Day alright and I do hope when you got home you went for a sleep or at least early to bed. Next time leave the Cookies and go to bed, Love.