How do you get along with your in-laws?

Romania
How do you usually get along with your present/future in-laws? are they allright or do they just piss you off? let's share some thoughts here, ok? :)
@racheld (840)
When I was dating my ex, I saw what I thought were going to be my future in-laws at least once a week. At first I hated my boyfriend's mom. She was very cruel and she constantly made comments about our relationship. She never allowed us to sit close to one another on the couch and she constantly checked up on us if we were in his room (with the door open, of course). Later on in our relationship we started a friendship. I was able to talk to her without wanting to strangle her. She would still have her comments here and there but they weren't nearly as bad. In fact I grew to love my boyfriend's families and that made my decision to break up with him even harder. You can't help but start to feel like one of the family after awhile and I definitely had that feeling.
@palpalsky (900)
well generation gap will always there ..they are nice to me and helps me in great deal
@jhartana (1085)
I am getting along with my brother in law especially. He was kind and care of me. We shared a lot of thoughts and I thankful to have him in my life. My father in law also kind to me. The one I did not get along is my mother in law. She was just completely rude when she was pissed off and did not take any words from anyone and she think she was correct in everything. She was also blaming my family for rubbish that we did not actually have.
@netski_15 (423)
In-Laws... At first I was so shy to mingle with them. I don't usually join them when they go out, i always opted to stay home. But then once of my sister in-law approached me regarding my attitude towards them. She told me to feel at home, be a part of the family and just be yourself. Since then, we get along very easily. They are fun to be with. We usually dine-out, watch movies, and go out town... You just have get the knack of them...
@shoelover (896)
I have a tacit agreement with my mother in law. Don't upset my family and I won't upset you. She is the cause of a lot of my husbands emotional problems and tries to cause trouble whenever she comes. She is a two faced lying, manipulative woman who is not happy unless she causes trouble. We have just moved and guess what, she doesn't know where we have moved to. When my hubby is ready we may eventually tell her. My hubby gets on well with my father and also when my mother was alive he got on well with her also.
@dfinster (3535)
I don't have a lot of patience for my in-laws. I know it sounds bad but they're views of things are really upsetting to me. They put a persons value on how much money they have, they don't interact with their kids and they push thier views which are really ignorant sometimes on others. The only in-laws that I really like is my SIL who's like my best friend. She married into the family and feels the same way I do and I adore her husband who seems to be the only one in the family who cares about others and is involved with his kids.
@simplysue (631)
I have no trouble getting along with my inlaws. They are family....It's hard for us to visit with them as they are six hours away from us but we talk on the phone fairly often and always have a good time when we are able to get together. I wish we could visit them more often.