Military family????

Do you have a member of your family serving in the military?
@mrsturner (519)
There are a couple members of my family in the military. My sister is in the Canadian Army, my brother-in-law is in the Air Force, various cousins are in Army, Air Force and Navy, and since half my extended family still lives in Europe, one of my cousins is in the Netherlands Military.
@Fishmomma (11373)
I have family members that are in the military now. My daughter is in the Army and planning to retire next year and my younger brother will retire from the Navy soon. My father in law and other brother retired from the Navy and husband was in the Air Force. The next generation in my family is my brothers granddaughter and is just joined the Navy.
All I can say is: WOW!!! That is totally awesome.
@gabs8513 (48710)
My Ex Husband was Army and my Stepdad was to so I spent 30 years with the Military and it was not something I enjoyed I always thought that my Son might join but thank goodness he never did A couple of his Friends did and ended up in Iraq and I was really worried about these Boys as I have known them since they where 10
My oldest son is a seargent in the US Army and my daughter is a PFC and just left last week for boot camp. My son is in the band and won't be deployed, but my daughter's job is guaranteed deployment. So hopefully the war will end before it happens. She has about two years before they said that it might come time for her to go to Iraq.
@Michele21 (3094)
My husband is in the Air Force, I love the military lifestyle!
@mssnow (9493)
My oldest son is stationed in South Korea in the Army. He says he will be home in ten and a half months. I hope that is true. Although I am proud of him for doing something he wanted too. I never liked the fact of him going in to the service. i tried to talk him out of it. But the army has all the answers to anything a parent tries to say to their children about the military. I'm still scared that he could be deployed to Iraq. But its his choice now. So I have to live with it.
My son has been in the Army for over six years. He spent one year in South Korea. He loved it. He went snowboarding in the winter. He found all the McDonald's restaurants and brought home some beautiful blankets and other items. He also went to Eygpt and brought home things from there. Currently, he is on his second tour of duty in Iraq. He went to Iraq for one year, came back to the states for awhile and then redeployed back to Iraq. His biggest complaint about Kuwait was that they had to walk a half-mile to get to Burger King and Subway and there was no McDonald's restaurant. This week he is home on leave. We are very glad to have him home for a little bit. After his leave, he will finish his tour of duty and then hopefully, he will be discharged.
@mssnow (9493)
Yes, my son says he loves korea too. He can get cheap DVD's lol.
mssnow, the army has one rule I like. Mom's outrank all officers and baby, that includes the high ranking ones like Generals also. That is so cool. Just a quick update. My son that was home on leave left this morning (Easter Sunday) to go to Arizona. He will spend about 3 days visiting with family there. Then he returns to his base in Texas and flys back to Iraq to finish his tour of duty. Thank the Lord he has less than six months left on this tour. Well, I hope you have a good holiday today.
Not currently in my close family but I believe that in the past my grandfathers were in the military, one was posted to india and the other to somewhere in africa i would not like to have a member of my family in the army, especially the english one with all the problems occuring at the moment.
@xnipher (544)
As far as I know I in my family tree we have this following served/serves the military.. 1. My Grandfather (Mother Side) 2. My Grandfather (Father Side) 3. My Great Grandfather (Mother Side) 4. My Great Grandfather (Father Side) 5. My Father all of them already fight into a war.... my great grandfathers are fight during our dependencies of my country...