Do you think modern conveniences have made us "lazy"?

@mamasan34 (6521)
I had a discussion with my dad and he said that with all of the modern conveniences we have it has made us more lazy. I have to agree with him to a point. While making things more convenient, I think we don't work as hard to accomplish things. What do you guys think?
@CRiley27 (984)
I agree. One exapmle, how bothered do people get when the batter is die in our tv remote? We now have to get off our butts and manually change the channel.
@mamasan34 (6521)
Even I have fallen victim to that! I remember when I was a kid I had to change the channel with a pair of pliers because the knob came off. If my daughter had to deal with that, she would think she lived in a 3rd world country!
@jimbomuso (950)
I'd have to agree with your dad, Most modern conveniences make us lazy yet actually take up more of our ever-decreasing time! For example researching something in textbooks will give you specific answers. Yet searching on the net is quicker, but the whole mechanic of searching,filtering,checking,cross referencing and double checking makes the it take twice as long and you wont get a specific answer just a wealth of info to choose from!
@mamasan34 (6521)
This is so true! I realized that as well.
@weemam (13377)
IF THEY WERN'T THERE i DON'T KNOW HOW i WOULD MANNAGE . i CARE FOR MY PERENTS WHO HAVE Alzheimer's AND WITH WASHING MACHINE VACUUMS AND OTHER THINGS IT MAKES IT EASIER AND GIVE ME MORE TIME WITH THEM , WHEN i GOT MARRIED 45 YEARS AGO WE WOULD NEVER HAVE IMMAGINED ALL THE LABOUR SAVING DEVICES WE HAVE NOW , MAYBE NOT LAZY BUT MORE TIME TO DO MORE IMPORTANT THINGS XX
@weemam (13377)
I am so sorry about the caps , I didn't notice xx
@mamasan34 (6521)
That is a good insight on this. I see what you mean. You must have your hands full taking care of your parents. I give you much respect for that. I guess your right, it sure does give you more time to focus on important issues!
@weemam (13377)
Thank you so much for the best response . that was so nice of you , xx
@webeishere (36353)
Oh the worst I feel is the cell phone. I hear some very personal calls due to people having to chat wherever they are. It's so annoying. Go home to talk like that I say. LOL. Another I feel is actually the computer. I hardly call relatives anymore as I can email them just as easy and its cheaper. LOL. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!
@mamasan34 (6521)
Hey there! I do agree with the cell phone issue. I hate being in a restaurant or waiting in line and someone is having a very personal conversation. But that is another commentary all to itself! The internet, as much as it is a blessing you are right, it also enables you to be less forthcoming in making calls or writing! I myself have fallen victim to it. I don't even send Christmas cards anymore, I just e-card them! That is awful....but true. Thanks for the post!