Have you ever gotten involved in something then people rely too much on you?

@TriciaW (2441)
In my community first I was on a committee and I am only the secretary and everyone has jobs but suddenly it seems like nothing gets done unless I do it. I have done some fund raising I have spoken to the lawyer that is supposed to be drawing up our incorporation papers, I have started a community project in which I am the only committee member that shows up to it and basically done everything to get the group going. The other day one of the members said it was my fault that we missed out on grants. I remained a lot calmer then I felt and asked why he thought that. He said cause you haven't gotten the lawyer on the ball. I politly explained to him that I was not the one that hired the lawyer nor was I the president of the group. I also informed him that I had talked to the lawyer in front of the town board and he told me that he would have it done the following week but it was not so I have no control of what the lawyer does and that I was not the one that picked this lawyer. I was a bit miffed to say the least but let it go at that. I am sure my eyes told him I wasn't happy as everyone says you can read it in my eyes no matter what my words are. Then in the same community we are having issues that are not so great and I have been contacting senators, different US departments and spoke to a reporter. Last night a man stopped me and said the TV station was looking for me. I asked why were they looking for me? He said well you are in charge of this. I said oh no I am not in charge of anything I was just a concerned citizen trying to get the facts. So now I feel like everyone is relying on me to solve this community problem. Really I do know how to say no to people but I believe also in getting involved in community matters. How do you handle these kinds of things?
I think you will be a wonderful asset to any organization. From time to time, I do have the good fortune of people like you who give selflessly without asking for anything in return. In your case, since you are already handling practically everything, why don't you go ahead? If you want the thing to get done, if it has to be a one lady's show, so be it. If you just do nothing, nobody is going to do anything and nothing will get done.
@TriciaW (2441)
I think you are so right thanks for making me laugh and say yep it has to get done
;-) Thanks for best response. ^^