Are Pain Relievers Indeed Killers?

Miami, Florida
I understand that persons who have been taking Aspirin to prevent a heart attack have been advised to stop taking it unless they have a history they could continue to do so as a preventitive method. What is the latest on these reports, and are they true?
Gosh I hope that taking aspirin helps as I have been told that I have to take them as a preventive messure as I have a lot of problems with my pressue and at my age they find it way to high and have been through so many EKG's in the last year . I don't know what the findings on this are but I hope it does help as I would like to be around a little while longer as I would love to see my children grow up and have happy lives of their own .
• Miami, Florida
I hope that you are trying natural alternatives in oppose to aspirin. You could do your research, but I understand that the following normalize or regulate hypertension or high blood pressure: Ginseng Omega III, found in fish Celery Banana There are others, but you have to do your home work.
• Pakistan
Aspirin is not prescribed to the heart patients to relieve them of the pain of a cardiac arrest, nor is it prescribed to treat hypertension. Please do some basic research before you attempt to shower us with your words of wisdom.
• Miami, Florida
You sound sensitive. I actually didn't say it is "prescribed... to relieve...pain of a cardiac arrest... nor hypertension" Mr/Ms Basic Researcher who doesn't read well and understand the case in point. Are you sure your "basic research" has the answer to the question asked? I simply responded to samtaylorskykierajen's comment and told the commenter to do his/her own study.
@ginger47 (22)
I have several diseases and I have to take a lot of medicine,I also feel like a project they are working on, any way I was taking asprin & naprasin and wound up with an ulcer,the doctors prescribe you medicine upon medicine but do not eplain the effects they have on you or see if these medicines even go together with each other. ginger47
• Miami, Florida
I do hope that you find a cure to all your diseases. I'm sorry I can't agree with you about doctors "prescribe you medicine upon medicine but do not e[x]plain the effects..." Besides, it's also the patients job to ask questions, read the warnings and side effects of what goes into their system. No, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. Just don't blame anyone or feel sorry for yourself and perhaps relief will come sooner.
Hi I do look up my meds now and read and check up on everything now. thank you for your concern.
@ShepherdSpy (8561)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
A history of what? Sorry,I hadn't heard of any of these reports.. Medically,Aspirin works in several ways-as An Analgesic (painkiller) An Antipyretic (reduces temperature) An Anticoagulant (prevents blood clotting)-this is it's main function as a heart medication,as its dosage is usually much smaller,maybe 1/2 tab. There was a concern I recall a while back,that Aspirin used in conjunction with a Stomach ulcer could be a risk..The Ulcer can cause a bleed in the stomach,and the anticoagulant effect of the Aspirin could make things worse...The recommendation at the time was to always take aspirin with a Meal,NEVER on an empty stomach,and to take medical advice before taking a course of Aspirin,especially if you were susceptible to stomach trouble..
yes, asprin is good in a lot of ways, But I think you should be carefull with taking them maybe breaking it down to every two days,cause any thing you take stays in your system for three days
@remyby (28)
• Bahamas
I use it for pain,but if it helps in other ways,more power to me.
@flashjet (56)
• Pakistan
Aspirin 150 mg. x O.D. By the way you can check the latest guidelines at the American heart association website.