What would you do if your Mom dissapproves of your Parenting style?

@syain1972 (1011)
Singapore
I have been in conflict with my mum for several times because of my parenting styles. She had even chided me in front of my own children. What would you do in this situation? I do not want to be rude to her neither do I want my children to see my weakneses... What can myLotters suggest?
@mememama (3077)
I would take her aside and tell her to not talk down about you in front of your children. My mother in law and I sometimes disagree on certain parenting issues, but she knows that I am the mother and I will do things my way. Sure, she'll try to chime in and give me advice, but I've told her before that I don't believe in spanking, and stuff like that.
@syain1972 (1011)
I think we ought to be firm in our ways... Thanks!!:
@MrsAdvice (623)
Unless the kids are doing something in mum's house that mum does not want them to do, she should not be saying anything to correct the kids. She has every right to say something if they are in her home and breaking her rules. Otherwise, if that is not the case, then you need to PRIVATELY tell mum, not in hearing of the children, that if she doesn't like the way you parent your chidren she needs to at least have enough respect for you to wait until you are alone to tell you, and that you will know she does not want you to come around with the kids again if she corrects your parenting in front of the children again. If she does it again, you get up and leave immediately. She will get the idea. The key is that nobody, not even your spouse, should ever correct your parenting in front of the children. If mum tells you privately you should listen and promise to consider her suggestion, and thank her for telling you privately. Good Luck.
@syain1972 (1011)
Thank you for the advise. I think I have to be strong and put a line to this issue with her. Afterall, my children are still my children. I am the one who has to face them 24x7. Thanks again!!
@lilaclady (28236)
This is a very common problen and it is very hard to know what to do without offending, always remember they mean well but they just forget that things could be different and that you may want to do things in a different way....I hope somone has an answer for you but I doubt it....
@syain1972 (1011)
Thank you for your response. There's always this grey line that you're walking on... It's quite trivia...