Eating at fast food places

@raydene (9874)
How many times a week do you eat at a fastfood place? What country are you in? Are you alone or in a family ? I think that Americans use more fast food then other countries. I also suspect that someone alone would eat fastfood more often then a family. What do you think?
@mummymo (23707)
I'm with you - I do think people alone would on the whole eat more fast food than families! We used to eat fast food regularly and now we eat it less than once a month! I'm in Scotland by the way and I have 2 children and a partner! lol xxx
@raydene (9874)
Sweetie I know where you are...Thanks Hon xoxo
@Willowlady (10666)
We maybe eat out every two weeks. Rarely Mcdonalds, do not have a Burger King, rarely again Wendys. We usually eat Pizza from Dominoes, or the Oriental place in town called the Peking House. We lost our Ponderosa. When I trade in cans we go to Ryans/Fire Mountain/ That is a sit down buffet place. We have an ice cream place in town that we like but we eat mostly the burgers and shredded chicken sandwiches. Some ice cream since it is summer. But if we do this it is not very often. We live in Ohio in America. There are 4 of us, 2 are teen and preteen. If alone I could have a great kitchen and would way different than I do now with all their different tastes in the house. Lots more salad and good things. Any junk would probably last me a week. It is gone really fast around here right now. That is why I don't keep much in the house.
@raydene (9874)
I relate to most of what you said..I cook most days but my daughter and her friends still find themselves at mcdonalds or the ice cream places after school.I make better homemade pizza then either place so my family has a fit if I suggest ordering it.Thanks
@cher913 (25865)
i dont think that americans can take all the credit...we have plenty fast foodies here in canada too...but myself i am lucky if i go there once a month...in fact we just ate out on sat night as a family and it was the first time since dec.
@raydene (9874)
Thats great that you seldom eat at the fast food places.You health prob shows it Thanks
We don't eat at fast foods/burger joints. I like to know what I am eating. I just hope we don't get any more fast food joints over here in the UK. We have more than enough already. Just because the States have more fast food joints doesn't mean they are good for you. They make for lazy people that just don't want to cook. When I was living in the States, I would go to the drive throughs to get my food. I was usually too busy to be bothered with standing in line. If I ate fast foods twice a month it was a lot. I would much rather cook myself.
@raydene (9874)
I agree we have too many fast food places.We are a very small town and we have McDonalds,Dunkin Donuts,walmart take out deli,2 pizza places,2 ice cream places,2 diners , and 3 restaurants....Just for our little town!
@lightningMD (5932)
we eat fast food maybe once every 2 weeks..we live in the united states...we are a family..3 kids but only one still living at home...if we eat fast food it is usually because we are travelling somewhere and we try to make it subway
@raydene (9874)
I also love Subway...We eat subway on sundays because of the sale here in town.I usually have the veggie with provalone cheese on wholewheat roll so it is prob not too bad for me.
@raijin (10373)
In my country(Philippines), most of us prefer to eat home-cooked meals. Even those working on the offices prefer to bring some of their home-cooked meals, and sometimes, turn on their pantry or fastfood areas that caters home-cooked meals. There are others who also prefer fastfoods, as they are cutting their breaktimes short. For them to tend on some of the chores they are assigned to or to make a complete good rest, to feel fresh when they start again their work again.
@jlo228 (170)
so many times.. especially if we were on the go..
I'm an American and I live alone and I don't eat at any fast food restaurants. Or, at least hardly at all. I can't stand all the sodium and nearly all of them have sodium content above my tolerance. Even when I used to eat at them, it was rarely more than once a week. I always like to eat healthy and save money.
@raydene (9874)
Good for you..I guess you need to be a model for me as I do eat at fast food places from time to time
i eat t a fatfood joint everyday.i m in india.i dnt knw abt americas.ya a person living with family will nt eat fast food as much a a person livin alone.bt i stay with my family n i remail out of home whole day so i eat fast food regularly i dnt hv ne option.
@winterose (39898)
yes north americans do eat more in fast food restaurants than other countries of the world, there has been many studies on it and also that is why north americans are more obese than other nations as well. I eat maybe once a month now in those kinds of restaurants.
@raydene (9874)
And fast food in other countries is healthier then ours because they have different food standards. Thanks
@gabs8513 (48712)
Ok I am in the UK and I very rarely have fast food, actually the last time I had it was well before Christmas, I live on my own now but even when I lived with the Kids I would not entertain fast food either lol I don't like it much Hugs
@raydene (9874)
Thanks honey...You are prob a great cook. xxooo
I am not fond of fast foods. I will only eat at Taco Bell or a fast food pizza place one time a week. Mostly because my hubby loves the stuff, and I am with him out of the house once a week. I live in the United States of America, and it is just the two of us. I am not sure if one lived alone, if they would rely on fast foods more, that is very individual. I would never. +++ again for a fine posting dear.
@raydene (9874)
Thanks again Hon..I like Taco Bell but after those people got sick from it I haven't eaten there...
@lols189 (4797)
i eat in fast food places maybe four times a week as it is quicker and easier to consume. i am in UK and i am alone mainly when i go to these places.
@CatNPK (461)
I eat "fast food" about once every three months, and then it typically is a veggie burger and garden salad from Burger King - but then I'm originally from Finland and very health conscious. My roomates and boyfriend all eat it somewhat more often, though not in excess.
@emeraldisle (13145)
I'd say we get it as a family once a month. Now and then individually we might get it in between but normally we just can't afford it. The once a month is a treat for us. Now when I lived a lone I did eat more at fast food but the prices were lower then as well (going back 10 years) so that made a difference. I'm in America by the way.
@h_gaurd9 (988)
I rarely eat at a fast food place and I live in America. I am not alone in a family however, we do eat fast food sometimes. We usually pick up our orders from the drive-through. I think you are right. Someone alone usually would eat fast food alone at a restaurant then a family.