What would YOU do: witness or not?

Here's a situation. Either you are driving your own car on your way to work early in the morning, or you are on the bus heading to a destination, when a car accident happens right next to you. You are not involved, either driving or watching, but you watched the entire accident. You don't want to be late for work, but the police is on their way to the scene to do a report on the incident. Would you stay and be a witness for the police knowing you had to get to work or would you just keep going on your way? Would you at least call the police to see if you could offer a statement? I ask partially because I had something kinda like that happen to me last week while I was on my way home from work... what would you do?
@vebela (310)
I actually was thinking about this on my way to work today, because it almost happened. I was the first one stopped at a red light, and there was a car turning left in the middle of the intersection because he had a green light. A car coming towards me in the other direction, I guess just didn't see the red light and didn't stop. Luckily, they barely missed hitting each other. Of course, I didn't stop because nothing happened. But, I thought that if something did happen, I would give my number to both drivers, and let them know I would be available to be called as a witness to the accident should the police be called. That way, I wouldn't be late to work and I would still be available to be a witness.
I think that's another great course of action. I wouldn't feel so bad as long as I offered my statement as a witness to someone if they needed it. That's the key for me... if I see something, I have to make sure that the people responsible for that incident are notified and get an accurate statement.