Free anti-virus?

@deltax (287)
With all the spywares and trojan nowadays, virus protection is really important. My hard drive got trashed just a few months later when a virus got through. I've been using Norton and it's not cheap. I was wondering if any of you guys out there know what the best anti-virus is and where to download it for a free trial for a few weeks or days. A friends suggested Panda but I haven't tried it yet. Is it a good one?
Ya you are right norton is good. But my openion is to use macafee anti virus software. I think mcafee is the best.
@deltax (287)
Thanks, I think I'll try that one
@webbyman (183)
I've been using norton anti virus when i acquired my first pc but i got infected with trojans every now and then even though i upted the virus list regulartly. So, i shifted to McAfee but same thing happened. Right now, i'm using AVG free virus scanner by grisoft and so far i'm satisfied with it and don't give me headache. No wonder it is being used by the number one email service - GMAIL. Try it, it's very simple to use and excellent on virus detection.
@ryanphil01 (4185)
why don't you try nod32 antivirus system. i have been using it lately. it's free and downloadable in their site www.eset.com. you can get their trial program for 30 days but you can download it again after 30 days has lapsed. so i have to reload it every month. and it's being updated every now and then.