What's With All The References To Blondes?

@wachit14 (3600)
I've read some posts today and I see some negative references to blondes. Apparently, people are feeding into the stereotype that blondes are stupid. I am a blonde and I am definitely not stupid. Why do people do this and what do they hope to gain by making such references? Do these people think that blondes are less smart than anyone else?
@4cuteboys (4102)
I am naturally a blonde, but recently went red. All my life people have told be blonde jokes, and lots of people assumed I was stupid because I have blonde hair. Sorry, not everyone that is blonde has a Jessica Simpson sized brain! I don't understand why people think hair color has anything to do with brains. Doesnt that make them the stupid ones?
@oldiebut (859)
Ah a good one I forgot to mention, Jessica "Chicken of the Sea" Simpson. You can see how the stereotype exists but I can also point to some blondes who were very sharp in their roles. Loni Anderson as Jennifer in WKRP comes to mind. Her character was in control at all times.
@aprilgrl (4460)
I have a blonde hair and often wondered the same thing. I have been haering the Blonde jokes since I was a teenager. I don't know where they think Blondes are dumb but actually we are smarter than they are.LOL It used to bother me but now I just ignore it. I also used to hear Blondes have more fun!
@aprilgrl (4460)
Thanks for the Best Response.
@oldiebut (859)
I doubt it, they are just a convenient target. Lawyers, Ukrainians, the Polish, Newfoundlanders (in Canada), the Irish are among those in the same boat. In the case of the blonde it is due in no small part to the high proportion of blondes in entertainment who are the brightest bulb in the box. Anna Nicole Smith, Pamela Anderson, Jayne Maynesfield, even Marilyn Monroe personify the image of the dumb sexy girl, all blondes. Look at it this way, it balances out the "blondes have more fun" mantra. I never hear blondes complaining about that one.;)
@wachit14 (3600)
Funny, none of those women you mentioned were true blondes. Yes, I suppose they are the stereotypical dumb blondes, but all other blondes shouldn't be judged by the characters they created. Thanks for posting your thoughts.
PSHFT! You think otherwise??? lol. Just kidding. I happen to be realated to a bunch of blondes and they are super intellegent. This started in the 60's when mean started dating blondes and telling them they had no brains. It is rude and you shouldn't let it get to you. If you know, you are smart, you have nothing to worry about.