Ok LADIES help me out here !

Why is that my wife and I can be watching a tv program and she is free to comment on the men. Really I don't care. She married me and she knew what she was getting. But anyway. On the other hand if I comment that a woman looks good OH man. LOOK OUT. Why the double standard ?
@paulsy (1263)
Well, i guess that's probably because you allow her to comment on the men... looks like she's done better by not allowing you to comment on the women, huh! lol, i don't usually comment on any man.. i just think my fiance is the most gorgoeus looking guy on the face of the earth!
Oh I didn't say that she doesn't let me. Besides I would probably just do it out of spite if she told me I wasn't alowed. just that she doesn't like it. Really It does not bother me. It's just the double standard that I take issue with.
@simplysue (631)
I guess she does know you and knows that you don't care if she comments on other men. I guess she expects that you know her and know that commenting on other women bothers her,so she expects you to respect her feelings and not comment. I don't comment on other men's looks....only my husband's. Then again,my husband doesn't comment on other women either. I guess it's all a matter of what bothers who?
@Michele21 (3094)
It probably comes from our insecurities!! I try to keep my thought to myself about other guys because I am really sensitive...so if my husband makes a comment about another woman my mind automatically goes into the "I'm not good enough" load of crap!!
@KissThis (3006)
I have the same situation but switch the partners around.My boyfriend can make all the comments he wants about how a lady looks.If I make a comment about how good some guy looks he makes a comment like" I have a specail t-shirt for him" meaning he has a t-shirt with a bullseye on it. I believe that I feel more secure in our relationship then he does is why he does this. Thats just my opinion though.
@Marie2473 (8519)
• Sweden
I almost never comment other man while with my bf, but it does happen and he never cares about it. He also sometimes comment other woman, on tv or out on the streets but i do not care as well. he is with me and i know that he loves me. I am secure in our relationship. Maybe that is your wifes issue, maybe she is insecure in herself - iof u are then it is no fun to listen to the man u love comment on other women,,
@palonghorn (5483)
Not sure, maybe a feeling of jealousy, that you would look at another woman. I really can't say, because me and my boyfriend have often done that, he knows if a certain actor showed up at our door.......sorry darlin, cyaaaa. But I also know that if Meg Ryan showed up at our door......I might as well pack my bags! lol Of course we also know the odds of this happening......slim and none! lol
@max1950 (2313)
she's insecure of herself.
may be you both don share open relation... at times you should be what you are... in my relation even i comment and even my husband does!!! sometimes i don like it and sometimes its ok even for him its the same!!! guess you still need to built with your wife.... all the best!
@lightningMD (5932)
There is no double standard in our house. I guess we just decided not to make comments on other people. But it wouldnt bother me if he said so in so is good looking.Since she on tv and there is no chance of them ever meeting. Now if he said to me your friend jane doe is really hot i would probably be ticked off.