Does anyone own a webcam?

@waynet (2650)
I'm interested, in what you use it for, do you use it for business or for filthy fun or just to show you are a nutter on youtube dancing around eating a chocolate biscuit with a lampshade on your head?
I have one, but it's not on this computer--or even in my office. I haven't used it since my uncle isn't stationed in Japan anymore. It was fun to be able to see him and his new bride and talk and act goofy with him being so far away. I used to use it for a mic when in conferences, but I have a mic now, so I can attend conferences with bedhead if I like, lol.
@waynet (2650)
I have one myself and I use it for my own tutorials that I'm building up, I've been tempted to do the youtube thing for laughs but never got round to doing it!
When you to get a roundtoit (those roundtoits are hard to come by, btw), let me know. I'm ready to LMAO at you, hahahahaha
@waynet (2650)
Yes, I will let you know with a full link and description. I remember watching some crazy vids on you tube, there was one with a lass just eating a jaffa cake which is a chocolate biscuit and she had something like over 3000 views, must be some chocky biscuit fans out there!
@raredog (743)
I have wonderful webcam, its brand is Ezonics, I have purchased it last March 2000 and it still serve its purpose. Actually its a dual-cam, I can use it also as a digicam before. But because of its low-resolution only 640x480 I now use it only as a webcam. It has very clear reception compare to others and this is the reason also why me and my partner meet and are now living together.
@waynet (2650)
Well, there you go, another example of the many uses of the web cam! Although I admit I am tempted to be a fool on you tube for a while!
@Willowlady (10666)
I do not have one and would only use it for grandparents or my telecommunting job if and when that happens. For anything else it pretty much is a waste or misuse of a good thing. I saw them today at Sam's Club and did not have an urge to buy one in any way. I would hope that they would be used for the good purposes only.
@waynet (2650)
I agree with you there, misuse of these is a waste of time, although I'd be tempted to do a couple of daft things on you tube I'm mainly doing loads of tutorials for my art projects at the moment, which are turning out quite well, I might add!
@kaperkitty (1097)
I have a web cam on my computer and my husband and I use it a lot because John has left his family to live here in Nova Scotia with me about 2000 miles away. So we only get to visit in person with them twice a year. John's dad is not in the best of health so having the web cam allows us to see how he is doing for ourselves and it feels so personal.I have 2 nieces in Halifax about 5 hours from here and the web cam allows them not to forget me because a year might pass without the baby seeing me so its great we can laugh and talk. A web cam can be a wonderful thing or a deal breaker in my opinion my husband and I have it to stay in touch with family and Friends not for chatting. Cheryl
@waynet (2650)
I do agree also they are great things too, I only wish that mine would have a clean video feed as it is rather bitty at times and I need to have a clean stream for clear tutorials!
@avonrep1 (1862)
I have one that I bought so I could do face to face appointments with others who wants to start selling Avon. But now we have a whole new system and people can go to a link that I provide, them and Avon handles getting them their supplies. Which is better for me and less time cosuming. BTW anyone need any avon. I am j/k, well kind of. If you live in the US you can order off my website, by going to my profile. Since you like my responses so much I really thought I would throw you off, with my off the wall response and the promo of my website.
@waynet (2650)
Yes well done you have thrown me off avon completely now, but I have other promotions in the pipeline! And my art projects so good luck with your future endeavours!
@Bizziebod (3526)
Hi, I've got a webcam, currently at the bottom of some box or bag somewhere as I haven't used it in years! The only times I used it was to chat to friends but that was about it. My daughter used to use it for chatting her friends too.
@waynet (2650)
Mine stayed unused for 2 months and then I found a use for it and it will be worn out quite soon!
@inked4life (4226)
I use mine to talk to my sister in Canada. It's way cheaper than calling and that way she gets to see our kids whenever she likes. It's really cool..she is on Vacation in San Diego right now and had her cam with her. She was able to show us what the hotel looked like.
@jmcafam (2891)
We have one. It is just used so the grandparents can see their grand-babies since they all live in different states.