Neither Rain nor Sleet nor dark of night......

Mailbox - The US Post office motto has always been:
Neither rain, nor sleet, nor dark of night...

Has your deliverer lived up to their motto, not only delivering in inclimate weather but delivering well?
@Modestah (11192)
It has been raining hard for the past couple of days. We left "bright" and early this morning for a trip out of state and got home about 6pm. Our mailbox is at the end of our long driveway. As we pulled up we saw mail scattered on the ground a few feet from the box. There was also mail in the box. The mail on the ground was soaking wet and included such important things as our home mortgage statement and a paycheck. The mail was not on the ground this morning when we pulled out for our trip. I am thinking that the wind caught hold of the mail as our postal deliverer was reaching to put it in the box...and she did not bother to get out of her truck and into the rain to pick it up. Does their motto mean anything to them anymore? They certainly get paid big dollars to do their non/degreed job. I am not discounting that it is a demanding job at all, my husband has been a rural carrier and we know it is a very demanding job, just if she was the reason that the mail was on the ground - it demonstrates a terrible lack of courtesy and honor for the position. Is your mail carrier courteous?
@estherlou (5017)
Just mentioning the post office can set my husband off! Standing in lines and just as you get up to the front, someone leaves to go on break! He likes to get specialty magazines such as archeology magazines and Biblical archeology, which don't come cheap, and when they come in the mail with the covers torn or scrunched up, he goes ballistic. I never thought about the carrier as the one to blame, just the system itself. It is aggravating when the carrier tries to cram mail, books and packages into the small locked mailbox instead of walking a few steps out of the way to put it on our porch.
@crazynurse (7489)
I am fortunte to have a wonderful mail carrier. He stops to talk if we are outside and is always so cordial. He brings packages to the door. One time a year or so agao when we were awaiting a special piece of mail, I had to go to work one day before the mail arrived. I was leaving for work and had gotten about a half block away and he was at the same stop sign as me and waved for me to come get our mail....because he saw the special mail! Awesome man my mail carrier!
@villageanne (8554)
WE used to have a wonderful mail carrier. He would even bring packages to the door. He went out of his way to be a great mail carrier. He retired and we got another guy. for over three months, we got other peoples mail in our box and so did everyone else. It was just pathetic. We all banned together and contacted teh post master.The post master even went on his mail run with him to show him how do it. Now about a year later, he is doing better but if we have a package, we have to go to the post office to pick them up. He will not bring them to us.
@applsofgld (2506)
I'm sorry about your mail getting dumped on the ground. I can't say anything bad about our mail carrier, she is very courteous. But we live in a small town and have that small town courtesy for one another...usually. I know about getting soaked mail though, my hubby had our mailbox made from steel after several years ago some teens came by doing what teens love to do to mailboxes, but now if they hit it, it will ring their jaws so to speak. But on the downside, the door doesn't close good and water leaks in when it rains, so if we are not home when the mail comes or it stays in the box for awhile and it rains, everything gets soaked.
@Modestah (11192)
we may have actually had a substitute carrier that day - because usually our person will put the mail into a plastic sack if the weather is inclimate.