Do you prefer Starbuck or Illy?

@aciddrop (798)
in my country,starbuck is a very popular place to sip a cup of coffee and relax.it wasnt at all several years ago.but now the company is quickly extending its chain in different cities here.you can always find it in shopping malls,book stores,and even in the forbidden city in beijing!foreigners like to go and more and more chinese start to fancy it already.of course we have some other cafe here,but they just can never take the place of starbuck.take illy as example,the so-called best italian coffee,i've never seen it as busy as starbuck and i myself drank in it several times,the coffee are fine but just seem more expensive served in smaller cup.as for starbuck,it is its corporate culture fascinates me.and the cafe is bigger and more comfortable and of course drinks are nice.my fav is iced-mocha:P so do you like starbuck or illy?or in your country there are nicer cafe than the two?i've heard that starbuck is gettting less popular in USA for some reasons so is it true?or you completely hate it?would like to share ur thoughs:)
We don't have this Illy brand in Singapore. Starbucks in one of the more popular brands here. But why would I want to waste good money on something like that which I can make myself for a fraction of the cost? Money is hard enough to earn and I wouldn't want to donate to this listed company that is making so much at consumers' expense. :P
@aciddrop (798)
you're right the coffee are quite expensive especially to a student like me! gee i wish i could earn more money:Pbut whenever i walk past the cafe,i just cant resist the impulse to go in and buy one drink for myself.i love coffee:)
I don't enjoy Starbucks coffee. I find it is too bitter -- even their Columbian blend. I've never heard of Illy -- they must not have expanded to Canada yet. My favourite coffee shop is Tim Horton's.
@aciddrop (798)
oh really?but bitter coffee like mocha fascinate me a lot:)try the frappuccino or caramel macciato there,they are sweet:) btw it surprised me a bit that starbucks hasnt expanded to Canada yet.we dont have Tim Horton here yet but hope more and more cafes will expand in.