do you have enough books to fill a wall sized bookshelf ?

have you fancied having the library type wall sized bookshelf? as of now, do you have enough books to fill it? what titles/genres do you have? share your thoughts!
@patgalca (15574)
• Orangeville, Ontario
One of the things that made me fall in love with this house was the built-in book cases on either side of the gas fireplace in the family room. But those book cases aren't nearly enough. I have another book case in the living room. Still not enough. I have a shelf on my side table filled with books I have yet to read, plus an old headboard on the floor beside my bed with books I have yet to read, and another shelf of books in the basement of books I have yet to read. I have 200 books I haven't read yet, and probably another 200 I have read. My long range goal is to turn our garage into a library/office with one wall filled with floor to ceiling bookshelves. Better yet would be to have my dream home that has an office library that would be bigger than my garage. Either way I want a library of my own. I have gotten rid of some books because I just don't have the space for them, but I don't give up books of my favourite authors: Ed McBain, Sue Grafton, Belva Plain, Maeve Binchy, Lawrence Sanders, Joy Fielding and Catherine Cookson... to name a few. I have a lot of favourite authors and am currently trying to step out of the box I have locked myself in and try reading other authors. Since I am going to be meeting Elizabeth Ruth in person for a one-on-one critiquing session, I just finished reading one of her books and am reading another.
@mailovee (265)
My god you got so many book? you are a really a book lover, maybe you can just open a library and start lending book,the next thing I think your city library have no choice but go bankrupt.
@barnkinney (1343)
yes.. i really want to have a small library at home that would have all of our books and maybe a couch or two and a coffee table and a cd player for good music while reading (i can't read when it's too silent). i guess, i do have enough books to fill a small room. it would be too many to mention here. but we have a lot of educational books.. like encyclopedias or something of that sort, i have a lot of young adult novels, like the sweet valley series, i used to be actively collecting it. and of course the classics in fiction.. haay.. i really wish to have one in the future.. when i get my own house perhaps..
i like that too! a library at home with soft lounge chairs, a nice coffee table, and a chimney to complete the atmosphere! lol
@lightningMD (5932)
We did have before we moved,but we sold them all in a yard sale. We are slowly collecting new ones though. Due to the cost though i borrow most of my books from the library.
@imsilver (1667)
Yes, I do.. and then some.. LOL. I've got 4 bookcases full right now and still books laying around that I just have no room for. I'd love to have a wall sized bookshelf.. built in would be so great. I think most of the books that I have are probably classified as mystery or thriller. I collect Stephen King, John Saul and Dean Koontz. I've also got alot of lawyer/police type stories. I collect John Grisham, Jonathan Kellerman and Faye Kellerman. Then on another bookcase I've got alot of fantasy stuff including Terry Brooks, the DragonLance series, L.E Modisette Jr., Terry Goodkind and Robert Jordan. Some other authors I collect are Jean Auel, Diana Gabaldon and Micheal & Kathy Gear. I read anything and everything and if I find an author whose books I like I start to collect everything I can find by that author.
I have more than enough books, this room alone has six bookcases in it, some paperbacks and some haedcovers. I have mostly action adventure mystery types and plenty of science fiction. I read a lot so my collection grows.
@deesamps (653)
I would love to have a library wall sized bookshelf. At this moment I do not have enough books to fill it up but it would give me plenty of room for all the books that I have and room to be able to aquire more. We have two 6 foot tall bookshelves and one is filled with nothing but children's books and the other is filled with my husband and my books. We own everything from fiction to non-fiction, from Stephen King to William Shakespeare and Chaucer.