What "part" of you gets ridiculed on MyLot the most?

I try not to respond to those just wanting to get a 'rise' out of mylotters. And everyone has the right to post what they want, if it is within the guidelines. But as a Christian and an American I'm getting tired of hearing both of those parts of me bashed. I think you can throw a label on anything and bash it without even understand what is a red herring, and what is the real deal. But this post is not just for Christians or Americans. There is definitely an equal oppurtunity maligning going on. And this isn't the discussion for someone to complain about their posts being deleted. I'm speaking of other posters taking what you are or believe in and making light of it or completely badmouthing it. I have heard someone say that Filipinos are bad mouthed, have you seen that? What about you is being bashed at MyLot and you're pretty much tired of it?
@f3rcho (258)
• Argentina
I agree with you. I sick of seeing people that posts stupid or controversial things just to get more replies. I've asked it before: Please! Do not post political or religious issues. That's the reason why I only replie to discussions with no responses.
Good idea. You find some good topics that way. I'm all for intelligent discussions, but some people just like to throw fuel on the fire. I can see chaotic people argue on the news!
Come on! religion and politics are about the two most interesting topics out there. Take that out and all you you can discuss is your personal life or soaps. Ok, was just kidding about the 'personal life and soaps' bit but seriously I don't think that you should refrain from discussing topics that make you uncomfortable or are likely to cause conflict. Ihe whole point of having a forum like this is that everybody can put their honest opinion out there and maybe some of us can understand the other side of the story (or even switch sides).
I think you can discuss whatever you want. It would just be nice if people kept their manners about them and didn't behave like monkeys.
@rosie_123 (6118)
Well, I try not to let anything here bother me that much - everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, and ideas, and if they differ from my own I just tend to shrug and move on. I certainly wouldn't get upset or stressed about it. So leading on from that, I guess nothing here would make me lose sleep, but I have to admit that it does sometimes bother me, that some other posters can't have such a liberal, "live and let ive" attitude. You see, - putting it bluntly, unlike yourself, I am an Atheist - I don't believe in God, and nothing will convice me otherwise. However, I honestly don't care what other people believe - that is their right, and if it brings them happiness then I am happy for them, and I would never question their belifs, or try andchange them. So it does annoy me when some Christians here (not all, I stress, just some) see me as some kind of bad person because I don't believe in Gd. I am NOT a bad person - I live a decent life, I have never hurt another person or an amimal - and I do resent being caled "evil" because I don't believe in God. But- as I said - life's too short to be upset by those who disagree with you - it's just that their bigotry annoys me sometimes. Have a good day!
And I wish you a good day as well. I'm glad to say I've never lost sleep over any post here in MyLot. It's just disheartening to see the negativity not only on the news, but here in MyLot as well. I imagine you have been aggravated by the words thrown your way for being an atheist. I won't name names, but one poster, which surprised the heck out of me, has made it a personal mission to set people right on all beliefs. She claims to be a Christian, but she judges everyone, Christian, Muslim, Atheist. I don't want to live in that kind of world.
@rosie_123 (6118)
Yes - well - there are some posters here that seem to respond to everything and everyone with some kind of evangelical zeal, - maybe they truly think they are helping? It's just that they go about it totally the wrong way! Thanks for your comment.
Being Christian with certain very conservative views has been badmouthed. I think being an American once or twice...if it was not me, then I saw someone else getting it for that reason. Haven't seen Filipinos badmouthed but since we have so many on here, I am sure they have been. I have met some very nice Filipinos and Indians on here. I never want to hurt them. I like to listen to them and learn more about them.
I have never seen a discussion bashing Filipinos, but someone on my friend list started a discussion strictly for Filipinos about the backlash they had been getting from others about their nationality. I have to say the Filipinos have been the friendliest group I've come across.
@BunGirl (2639)
Honestly, it's been quite a while since someone here on myLot has bothered to bash me. I'm unashamedly a Christian and write about it often, and though I get the occasional "who cares" type comment, I rarely get out and out ridiculed for it. I can't say that I've personally been bashed for being an American either, though I do get tired of seeing anti-American posts. I think the only reason I've ever actually been personally attacked here was because I dared to tell someone that the "warning" she had posted was a hoax. Then somehow her recent divorce and her depression became my fault, and all her friends decided to tell me how I'm uncaring and hateful. (you can't see it, but my eyes are still rolling over that one!) Generally, my advice to you is to just ignore the hateful people. Report them if they're harassing you or otherwise going against the terms of the site, but otherwise, don't give them the satisfaction of a response. Eventually they'll get bored and move on to flame someone else at another site.
I like to stay away from the posts who start trouble. I come across them when I scroll through the top discussions or new discussions. I can't believe someone got on your case for telling the post was a hoax. I would WANT to know if I was unwittingly spreading information that wasn't true.
@emeraldisle (13145)
Well so far I've seen or been bashed on such issues as being pagan, American, smoker, and a pro-choicer. Yeah I know I'm setting myself up all over the place for being bashed. It does get a bit tiring to constantly see negative posts aimed at the things I am. Some I've responded to while others I haven't. I know some issues are going to be posted on here and they are hot topics to get a lot of responses on. With any hot issue you are going to have your passionate people who feel if you are not on their side you must be wrong and for some have to be condemned (not just with religion but with other topics as well). It happens and yes I get tired of it. I just try to look at the scource of it all and realize that their opinion does not really effect my life here in my house. These are people I'm unlikely to meet and if I did I doubt I'd know it. I'm not going to worry about what they think of me over all. I'll say my peace and leave it at that.
You're right. It goes beyond race and religion. I don't smoke, and don't advocate it. However, when a post says FOR SMOKERS ONLY, and the non smokers go and tear the responders apart...it's like, get a life. I saw a post like that a few weeks ago. Some smokers were tired of being reprimanded so they wanted to talk about it without fear of reprisal. But some people couldn't help but try to 'set them right' anyway.
@emeraldisle (13145)
Oh I know. I started one about how smokers are being discriminated and why hasn't the ACLU stepped in (with jobs, living places, etc). It wasn't about whether smoking is right or wrong it was about the discrimination part. I still had some come in saying how smoking was hazzardous to our health etc. I've also seen posts about being overweight and a lot of negative attitudes on that one. I suppose anything that is not seen as "normal" or "politically corrent" right now will go under fire.
And when they do that in your discussions, they take it on you by giving you negative ratings. Since posting this discussion I noticed my rating went down two points. It doesn't bother me, but I was surprised more than anything. I mean when you ask for a specific group of people to respond, you aren't exactly looking for your detractor's opinions, such as the non smokers or the ones who are always complaining about someone's religion or race.
@lillake (1634)
My parenting practises. But, most people like to bash on AP everywhere so I'm almost used to it. It still annoys me when I see someone outright lie to make it look like AP is horrible.
It's especially bad when someone criticizes how you parent a child, and THEY are not a parent themselves. My parents told me that was their pet peeve when they had young children. So I'm pretty careful not to give advice when I haven't walked in a parent's pair of shoes.
@Woodpigeon (3710)
I am with you on that one, I try to avoid posting on anything that might be controversial. I have seen enough comments about people being followed around and harassed here and don't want to get that sort of attention. I have also seen people writing that they feel, as Fillipinos that there is a lot of negativity towards them, but I haven't seen the actual negative posts. HOnestly, though, they are the sort of things I would skip because I don't want to get involved in mudslinging.
I echo that sentiment.
@syain1972 (1011)
I cannot be bothered with posts that tend to sway on a certain agenda that does not benefit anyone especially about race, religion, politics and etc. I'd prefer to treat everyone equal, colour or religion blind and free from radical thoughts. As it is, I'd read so much of those stuffs in the papers and I would like to stay clean and peaceful when I'm with fellow myLots... It's just me.... I'm just tired of backbiting and etc.....
I'm with you. I feel the same way.
@LittleMel (14036)
I don't know if anyone bashed any part of me, they might not clearly say my user ID here. I'm guessing that I would be bashed about being animal lover or being Asian, if there was any bashing going on. I lost many pets due to animal abuse so to be honest with you, they can bash that part of me and I will bash back if I ever find out. If they bash me for being Asian, I will try to see their points of view. I myself had hard times understanding my husband's culture and so we got into silly argument out of nothing at times. But if it seems to me they are just looking for trouble, I will either avoid or report them. I don't think racism is allowed here on mylot at all and my ancestors were from 3 different ethnics so I don't think I can be racist :)
I don't think anyone is a pure blood if they traced back their roots. So no one really has a reason to be racist. We've all got a little of a lot of different roots.
@gberlin (3836)
I am a Christian and an American. I guess I just don't reply to those discussions which choose to bash my beliefs. I am on Mylot for socializing with people and good discussions without bashing. I try to be sensitive to others.
This discussion started when I logged on today and immediately saw 2 discussions right in front of my face bashing Christianity and Americans. I don't reply to them myself. But I know they get a lot of responses. I don't want anything to do with it because you can't explain anything to overly dogged people. It was just discouraging to see that as soon as I logged on MyLot today.
@KarenO52 (2951)
So far, I haven't seen much of what you are talking about. If I did, I would try and avoid those kinds of posts. I don't like to see anyone getting bashed. It's nice to have a friendly and relaxing place to hear what other's think. I like it that I've got a few friends from different places, and I hope to have a lot more.
I don't bother trying to refute the posts. I just trust that people can make up their own minds without input from posters with agendas. I love MyLot. It's provided a lot of joy to me.
@jennybianca (12913)
I haven't been ridiculed on My Lot. Although a couple have written sarcastic & rude comments. I never comment on religion, as it is just not worth the hassles of all the aggro that follows. I am not sure what you mean by equal opportunity maligning? We can only set the standards & not participate in this sort of behaviour ourselves.
I'm tired of Americans and Bush supporters or republicans being bashed here. Though its not constant I'm also tired of people criticizing atheists or other people outside their religion.
@gemini1960 (1162)
i havent encounter such discussions yet, if ever i will try to read some discussions as a proof that it is true before anything else, what we need here is tolerance and coexists peacefully and harmoniously as members of this site.
@Kaeli72 (1230)
+ I've noticed, that when you sit there and shake your head "yes" and agree with what people are saying, you're left alone. But, heaven help you if you make some point that isn't theirs, particularly from a Jewish standpoint, you're toast. I've mentioned of how sin is going to be the downfall of America, how abortion is evil, pork isn't good for you, Saturday is the true Sabbath day, the 10 Commandments aren't the ONLY laws you have to follow, that Jesus didn't do away with them and so on and so forth. Good times!
It sounds like you have some stories to tell about your experiences here on MyLot. But you aren't alone in your beliefs, and I'm right there with ya, girl. : )
@villageanne (8554)
Like you, I try to stay away from the contraveral discussions but I have been insulted many times for being a christian and the religion that I am. I could not believe what I was reading! Why are some people so cruel. I dont run down anyones religion nor do I say that anyone opinion is wrong because we are all allowed to have our own opinon. But it is just wrong to be so mean.
You have hit on the heart of the matter - some people are just mean. I don't think all of them could be that mean if the discussions were face to face, but like a lot of people have pointed out - the internet gives a user the right to anonymity, but NOT the right to be mean. I'd like to think that for every angry, accusing MyLot poster, there are 10 more than are understanding, caring, and open hearted.
@tinamwhite (3255)
I have never been bashed while on myLot! I have seen varying stages of disagreement on various subjects....and have witnessed one "pledgerism"......but my experiences here are enjoyable. I am sorry that you feel like you arebeing persecuted in some way.....I think a healthy difference of opinion is refreshing..even if I still disagree as long as their comment is not intended to cause harm.....I say live and let live... MyLot is available all over the world, many races, religions, politacal differences.......our community is truly a "melting pot". I think that there would be fewer wars if the countries as a whole, were as accepting as we are here on myLot. Best wishes to you. Blessed be!
Best wishes to you as well! I hope you continue to enjoy MyLot. : )
@Swtrose (3399)
Well I post controversial topics, but I would never badmouth someone's religion or race. I think that is just ignorant. How boring of a world it would be if we were all the same.
Ick, if we were all the same, not many people would get married. I mean, I'm me, but I don't want to MARRY someone exactly like me. It sounds as though you practice the best policy here on MyLot - respect.
@Swtrose (3399)
Thank you. :)
make money?
@wolfie34 (26791)
Ah the dreaded 'label' I have one of those once you get a label that's it, it's around your neck like a ball and chain to be held onto and reminded constantly. Thankfully I've never been verbally attacked, and I usually steer clear of controversial subjects, they are like hornets nests. Basically to me it's live and live I don't care what you are, what you do, what you support, believe in, whatever, there is good and bad in everyone and using Mylot as a medium to ridicule others is unacceptable and cowardice in my book
Too bad I don't have a second best response to give. I really like yours.