For the non-Asians, what do you think about Chinese?

@kay1230 (249)
Hong Kong
I mean all in general, how do you define a Chinese looks handsome or pretty and the impression the Chinese and China gave you? Ha...maybe you think it's such stupid question but i really wonder how the foreigners think of us the Chinese because i always have a feeling that the Europeans and the Americans(Examples) are disdain to make freinds with us.
This is a great question, kay1230. As in all cultures there are pretty people and ugly people. I think the Chinese people-the general population are cute. You don't look like us. Your stature is short, dark eyes, dark hair and light skin. But as in most cultures, each culture generally, sticks with their own kind and mingles with new groups. The Chinese people are treated horribly by their government- and are hard-working and loyal. I work for a National Interpreting company, so I meet all kinds of people. We offer Mandarin, Cantonese, and Toishenese and I love it. The Asians in general seem to be very respectful. I just love the sweetness of the Asian cultures. I believe it is the governments that Americans and Europeans have problems with. Once the individual Chinese is met and understood then the friendships can develop. Are you in the United States or China?
@kay1230 (249)
I come from China the Hong Kong S.A.R, sometimes i'd go north to the mainland of China and i tihnk that's totally a different world for me.
I don't think it's a stupid question. Young people are always curious as to how they appear to others no matter what culture, race or country they're from. What you find out as you get older is, every culture, race and color has beauty. I've never seen one yet that doesn't. As far as not wanting to make friends I don't think that's true at all, at least not from what I've seen. The cultural differences sometimes make it hard to understand each other. China was isolated for so long we just don't know that much about your culture, language or customs. Only time will change that. One of my best friends in Colorado was a second generation Chinese-American. He was one of the funniest people I've ever known. He told me stories about how difficult it was for his parents when they first came to the US. The culture was so drastically different they had a very hard time for a while. But with the help of good neighbors they made a great life here. When I met them they were very nice and had a great sense of humor. I'm just glad that China has started to open up a lot more in the last 10 yrs. I think it's a good thing.