I find this disturbing.

@dlkuku (1936)
In Wautauga County North Carolina they are moving a cemetary which dates back to the 1800's, called the Hartley Cemetary because the 19 graves they found sit in the middle of where they want to build a high school. I don't know about you, but I find this disrespectful. No, I don't believe in ghosts or that it will disturb the dead, but to me this is the same as someone going in and vandalizing a grave site. There is just no respect these days when it comes to the living or the dead. What do you all think about this? Would you want your children going to school knowing that a graveyard once stood there?
I'm surprised they are allowing this since its a historical marker. I know by our bowling alley they have a few graves that date back quite some time. They're not allowed to move it but the parking lot does come up right next to them. The grass and weeds are overgrown on this cementary, I can't believe the city doesn't do more to conserve this.
@dlkuku (1936)
Over the years I have seen many historical sites torn down and destroyed all in the name of progress. I think it's a sad shame.
@mememama (3077)
I think that is very disrespectful, they were once humans and they still deserve to be treated kindly. It does make me wonder how often this is done!
@Rickrocks8 (1751)
That is horrid! I dont think I would want my kids to go there. My husband calls me a ghost magnet.
@castleghost (1304)
This reminds me of an article I recently read. I was looking up information about a cemetery that my son was looking for when I ran across an article. In the article it talked about how a local town was going to move an old indian burial site because they wanted to build a park there instead. I couldn't believe that someone thought that this was a good reason to disrespect the people who were buried there. I wouldn't want my children to play or go to school in such a place. I can't believe how disrespectful people can be at times.
@mlgb_24 (638)
can't they find somewhere else to build the school. i don't believe in ghosts, but most schools i know built on a then-cemetery, are haunted at times. there's no respect really. they can put gates around it surely, and leave them there, in peace, as what they've always been.