Making T-shirts

@glowwy (93)
Has anyone made t-shirts before using t-shirt transfers, an iron, and a design to print out on the t-shirt transfer? If so, How did they turn out? Do you think they are reliable enough to sell? I made some and boy did I get compliments on them, but I dont want to sell them until I get the right equiptment so they can last longer.
@quatelmon (955)
Iron on transfers tend to not stay nice after many washings. You also have to make sure that you do not use any kind of ribbed fabric to transfer them on to. Your best bet for making sellable tee shirts would be to learn the art of screen printing (also known as silk screening) I recently learned how to do this to make tee-shirts for my band. You can buy a kit (the name of the popular company is Speedball) and it is not too expensive. The screens are pretty much reusable as long as you wash them properly. If you'd like to try it out before buying a kit, check out this website: http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/3674467.html What's great about screen printing kits is that it comes with something called photo emulsion, so you can get a perfect picture to print. Good luck with your venture!
@glowwy (93)
Thank you for that information it was really helpful and the link you provided was also very helpful and easy to understand.Thanx