Confused over the rules on posting URLs

@derek_a (10894)
I have noticed many discussion posts where myLot members are including a URL with user-name that are promoting various other programs and/or their own blogs or websites. I'm a little because I thought that this was not allowed on myLot although I've not seen anything in the rules to say you are not supposed to do it.. But I tend just to skim through the rules. Maybe somebody will have some answers on this?
@pelo26 (1553)
If the link you're providing will contribute to the discussion you are participating in, then I don't think you're violating any rules of mylot. I think what's forbidden is to post personal referral links to other paysites. I don't know why exactly, but a lot of users have been annoyed by this.
@derek_a (10894)
I see. Perhaps it's because links to other paysites will take traffic away from myLot. I couldn't really blame myLot site owners after all their revenue comes from people staying on site involved in discussions. Thanks for responding.
@repzkoopz (1895)
hmmm.. i think its not the traffic loss they are concerned about. i think its more about the members flooding the discussions with referral links which are totally off-topic.
I had been noticing it too and I am also a bit confused but most of those posts are still here. Only a few get deleted. Maybe it doesnt really matter if you will post a URL if it has got some relevance on your topic and if you will not start a topic with it.
@derek_a (10894)
Thanks for posting. Yes I think that if it has some relevance and expand ideas on a discussion, it is allowed.. :-) Derek