Jeff Gordon poll sitter for Talladega

Okay I over heard from someone that Jeff Gordon got the poll for the third week in a row. Is it true? Is Jeff the poll sitter for this weekends race at Talladega? If so I know my husband will be very happy!
@matlgal (1687)
No I don't believe that is a given. He has to qualify and that starts tomorrow morning at 11 am Talledega time. However; if it gets rained out for tomorrow's qualifying then yes he gets pole position for his win at Phoenix last week. Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Jeffie!!!!! He's my Fave!
Okay thanks for clearing that up! I guess I will have to watch qualifing tomorrow then. Do you know the order as to the qualifing? Maybe that is what I over heard. Maybe Jeff is the first to qualify.
@matlgal (1687)
yes that may be right. I am not sure on that one. I will try to look it up and let you know later. Good luck to all the Drivers this week !
If it rains he would get the pole because of being the points leader. It would have nothing to do with his win last week. When qualifying gets rained out, starting positions are based on car owner points.
Yeah! My son has a radio show on X-M radio about NASCAR racing and other auto sports. So i get up with that.