It's a small world after all!

@mummymo (23707)
The other day I was at a very special friends house having coffee and chatting away - as usual her poor hubby and son could not get a word in sideways as usual! lol Now I have known these friends for a little while and had always meant to ask the husband if he had known my mum as they both worked in the same place years ago! (My mum died when I was only 2 so I am always happy when I meet anyone who had known her!) It turns out that yes he had known her and still remembered her! Life is full of small coincidences isn't it? Have you had experiences of what a small world it is?
@gabs8513 (48710)
Yes so I understand Sweetie and I have to admit that it surprised me to when I was told lol It is really amazing but I am happy for you as I know how it affected you and I am so glad for you that you had someone tell things to you about your Mum Love you Sweetie xxxxxx
@weemam (13377)
My hubby has always thought Mo a lovely person and he just said the other day when he remembered her mum that he knows where she got it form as her Mom was a really nice person too xx
@mummymo (23707)
I felt all topsy turvy after finding out honey - like laughing and crying all at the same time! We are talking about a very special couple here and now I just feel even closer to them! xx
@gabs8513 (48710)
I bet you did Sweet and yes Weemam I have to agree with your Hubby she is the lovely Person and special to but so are you Love to you both
@raydene (9874)
I can not think of anything off hand but I have had those things happen alot...I'm glad Jim knew your Mum. Did you learn somethings about her that you didn't know.That must have been wonderful for you.What a very nice afternoon you must have had.I'm comming for coffee next week ..so don't even think of getting together without me...lol... Love ya your other Mom
@mummymo (23707)
He said she was a gem - that made me feel so nice! They are always giving me lovely compliments - like saying that I am like a younger version of our friend! If you come for coffee next week I won't be there - can you wait til I get home from hospital? love you Mommy! xx
@weemam (13377)
WOW!! wouldn't that be great us all getting together not much my lotting that day lol xxx
@raydene (9874)
I really know the men wouldn't get not one word in with the three of us...teehee...Love ya both Sweet women...
@weemam (13377)
he has been talking about it ever since , he says he can remember the last time ho spoke to her as if it were yesterday , he was on the veranda up the flats where we used to stay he called to her and your Mum waved and shouted back to him , and hey you wern't a quiet wee thing and no talking that day so dinna you blame me for all the talking you cheeky thing lol , take care sweetheart xxx
@mummymo (23707)
I didn't blame you sweetie - I said between us they couldn't get a word in lol! It is so nice knowing that someone I care about knew and remembers my mum! Tell him thanks for making my day the other day (you all made my day but him remembering my mum was the icing on the cake!) and that I will see you all soon! xx
@weemam (13377)
Thanks for the B?R sweetheart and see you soon xxxxxxxxx
Youre mom must have lived a meaningful life that is why people remember her well. I was sad to hear you didnt have much change to enjoy your mother's company. I still have my mom with me and she was the best mom Ive know.
I don't think I've had that experience in my offline life, but I have met many people online that are just like me. And, most times I'll find things out about them before they tell me. And, somehow we just have a lot in common. So far I haven't me anyone from the old neighborhood. But, I guess it's a possibility.
@mummymo (23707)
I know exactly what you mean here my friend! It is amazing how we get to know things about online friends and understand them so well! It would not surprise me at all if you did meet someone online from the old neighbourhood - you may already have done so without realising - who knows! lol xxx
@Woodpigeon (3710)
Isn't that a great coincidence? It must have been nice to hear about your mom from her! My husband never knew his grandfather very well, but a lot of people in the town we live in did know him and they often share stories. I never met him at all, but I find it very sweet, and especially nice for the children and my husband to have people share these things.
@mummymo (23707)
it is great that they can share stories of his grandfather! I always feel great when I meet people who knew my mum cos I know it still upsets my gran to talk about my mum!
@mdarma (868)
Yes I had a similar situation. I always admired the leader “Mr.Subash Chandra Bosh” Since my young age I have heard a lot of him about his dedication to get freedom for India. Last year, when I was admitted in the hospital for stroke. I had this very rare opportunity, to meet another patient in the same ward. This elderly man in his young age had the honor to serve under the direct command of this great leader. As for me it was a great moment for me to meet someone who served under Mr. Chandra Bosh command.
@mummymo (23707)
That sounds amazing mdarma - it is amazing how people all over the world are connected! xx
@Eskimo (2317)
I moved from a city to a town some distance away, and the girl who moved in next door used to live in the same house that I did in the city (not at the same time). I read somewhere that everyone in the world can be connected to everyone else through 8 people, I don't know if that is true, but as you say, life is full of coincidences.
@mummymo (23707)
See it is a small world! That is a huge coincidence! I like the thought that we can all be connected to each other by 8 people - you wanna compare lists? lol xxxx
@mansha (6301)
These chance meetingsd reminded me of a funny incident that I would like to share. We were posted to devlali and the day we reached same day we got the house too. Our neighbours there greeted us but to make place for new comers they had been osted out and were in process of shifting. We just exchanged hellos and they moved out on third day of our occupying the house next door. there was a ladies meet at the end of the same week which I decided to attend. I spotted a very familiar face and when tea was announced. I moved towards it and asked the lady do I know her? SH e said she also has been thinking the same thing and we started counting stationa dn years we have lived through all our army lives rejecting each name as it came up and even counting whom we know as mutual friends. When suddenly the light flashed--she smiled brightly and said "didn't we meet just three days back, I was your neighbour". We both started laughing then. Its how small the world can be. It was their farewell meet that day, lol
@mummymo (23707)
Thanks for sharing that Mansha - it just proves - it really is a small world - and you even had mutual friends! xxx
@wolfie34 (26791)
When my mum went over to Rhodes to witness her neice getting married, she told me that in the hotel she was chatting to a couple and it turns out that they not only came from the same area as mum but the same street! How's that for being a small world! The only experience I had was when I went to the Isle of Wight and I bumped into an old school friend of mine!
@mummymo (23707)
Mentioning weddings made me remember when I married mt ex - we were on a very small island in Greece and there were 2 sisters there - when I found out there name I said my favourite ever teacher had had the same name an yep you've guessed it - they were his daughters! Hope you are feeling better sweets - have been worrying about you! xx