IS the grass really greener on the other side of the fence?

@cher913 (25859)
There was an earlier post that got me thinking...many of us are not content with what we have these days... On one hand, we should always strive to make ourselves better but on the other hand, we should be content with who we are...do we always wish for things that we don't have? For instance, if you have no mate, do you wish for one? Friends of mine only have one child and are willing to spends thousands trying to conceive another one while there are many that should/could be adopted...get my point? IS the grass greener on the other side of the fence???
Yes, the grass is always greener on the other side. This is because most humans living on this planet are not satisfied or happy. They always want something more. Since what's not "here" would be "there", the grass will always be greener on the other side.
i agree with you, lordwarwizard. personally, i have experienced this. literally, when i looked at the farmland next to mine, i was thinking that the area is a better one because the grass is thicker and greener there. so i left my area and i was hoping that i will be enjoying a more grassy land which will be kinder to the eyes and my feet. well, it proved to be that the greener grass was in my area. so now, when i hear news that my neighbor is earning higher than me per farm proceeds, i will just give a smile. i have learned my literal lesson already for once in my life.