Boy dies in bathtub full of cleaning supplies

United States
May 4, 2007 12:46am CST
On Thursday two boys ages 3 and 1 were found in a bathtub filled with cleaning supplies. The mother apparently had mixed bleach, Pine Sol and Mr. Clean together in a bathtub with water. Apparently her kids found it, climbed in and the 3 year old died. WHAT?!? First of all, anyone with half a brain knows you do not mix cleaning supplies. Secondly, you don't leave a bathtub full of water unsecured with toddlers around. The skeptic in me thinks there is something fishy going on here. What do you think?
1 person likes this
3 responses
@howard96h (11643)
• New York, New York
4 May 07
I have to agree with you, something sounds fishy here and it's not the cleaning supplies. First of all, all the products she had tells you NOT to mix it with other cleaning products becasue of the danger with the chemicals. Second, she should have hav ebeen watching the kids, no - there are just too many questions here, something isn't right with this. Poor little boy.
1 person likes this
• United States
4 May 07
Right! They shouldn't have been anywhere near the bathroom. True, kids can get away from you before you know it, but if I had something dangerous like a bathtub full of water and chemicals I would definitely make sure my kids were never out of my sight. To me this is sounding like the Susan Smith thing all over again. But I am just the skeptical type anyway.
1 person likes this
@howard96h (11643)
• New York, New York
4 May 07
Well so am I and this story stinks big time. I hope they do an investigation into this.
1 person likes this
• United States
4 May 07
That's insane! How, wait why, would someone just let two little kids like that wander into a bathroom in which you have a bath tub full of cleaning supplies???? The smell alone would be harmful to them! That's terrible!
1 person likes this
• United States
4 May 07
Exactly! Fumes of products can be toxic when mixed.
@lifeluver (743)
• Canada
4 May 07
Yeah, definately something's not right here. Holy! When I first read your post, my eyes popped right out of my head. What the heck was that mother thinking???? She must have known upon pouring the stuff in that it became difficult to breath. What was she filling the tub for anyway? Was she planning to take a bath in the stuff. Obviously someone needs a serious dose of parenting classes!
• United States
5 May 07
The article said she did it to clean the bathtub. A bit of overkill I think! And when chemicals and tubs full of water are around, watch your kids!
1 person likes this