My smoothie health drink recipe

Heres my wakeup, anytime of day smoothie recipe. Use anyfruit you want but i always add grapes as theyre a good antioxidant i handful of grapes (red or green seedless) 1/ medium banana 1 1/2 handfuls of strawberries, (or use raspberries, blueberries or blackberries) 4 glasses of almond milk (if you drink milk use milk or an alternative) 2 glasses of fresh water 2 tblspoons of glucose (or 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar or a fruit sugar alternative)- you may find this too sweet so go by your taste 2 tblspoons of flaxseeds 2 tblspoons of fresh bio natural yoghurt Ok this is great as a health drink. Its a real pick me up Do you have any recipes for smoothies Id love to hear them Id like a change and will try them all out Thanks
@aweins (4203)
cool drink to beat the heat of this summer. this smothie isan excellent drink to drink and i love milk shakes and smoothies.i will not want to add these strwberries much abecause i dont like there taste much.otherwise is a good one.
thansk for the reply yes i love this smoothie and try and vary it with different fruit about the heat of this summer i dont know whats happening but it was sunbathing weather here last week and now its cold almost cold enough for central heating ..it feels like winters coming not like the summer i hope it changes again soon!!
@susieq223 (3742)
That sounds delicious. I will have to try it. I sometimes do a simple smoothie by blending a fairly ripe banana with a glass of soy milk. I don't even add sweetener of any kind. A ripe banana is fairly sweet by itself. Thanks for sharing.
yes sometimes i use bananas as the ingredient in my smoothies but i dont like them so much and i dont really like drinking soya milk either but i think the soya with its proteins and the vitamins in bananas are enough youre right
I hate to rain on your parade, (really!) but even if the ingredients are natural, most of them, except for the sugar and glucose, that is enough to give one diabetes, hypoglycemia, and/or reactive hypoglycemia if done more than a couple times occasionally. The sugars, both the natural ones, and the unnatural ones, pick up the blood sugar for a time, and sky rocket it. This takes a toll on the pancreas and adrenal glands. The pancreas is put into a bind, where it has to try to control the blood sugar. The pituitary gland sends instructions to the pancreas to release some insulin to bring it down. But in its haste to get it down, it may not correctly measure out how much. It can drive the blood sugar down too low when it throws out too much. The liver, also, has a hand in blood sugar control, by how it sends out stored glycogen, in partnership with the adrenal glands, to raise the blood sugar and prevent hypoglycemia. I have suffered from 1999 to 2006 from reactive hypoglycemia, where my blood sugar was sky high then it would come crashing down when the insulin finally got thrown in from my glands, then when it crashed it would make me really tired and want to go to bed. From these years of blood sugar abnormalities I have cataracts, which I want to try to dissolve with something natural, as per Dr. Christopher - a well known natural/alternative med guy. I made the breakthrough on what was going on when I noticed that I could eat dates and peanut butter to stop me from crashing to going to bed, but that a refractometer someone lent me to test urine showed that I had diabetic levels of sugar going on and it showed when I got tired and needed a pickme up my blood sugar was falling rapidly (reacting = reactive hypoglycemia). My favorite smoothies are anything blueberries, mangoes, or strawberries. I love smoothies a great deal. But more than a few days of it and I can bring back the reactive hypoglycemia and near diabetic stages that I had gotten fixed through natural medicine. When this happens, anything sweet or with fat or starch: grapes, yams, cherries, sugar, ice cream, bread, bananas - can make me tired enough to sleep for hours and then cause me to stay up all night. Or also wake up with a ravenous appetite because the blood sugar dropped all of a sudden. The temporary lift in energy is due to adrenal gland hormones and because of the sugar but when people crash it is because they were never meant to have this many sweet things at once. The flax, is a good complement for this, I must say, not only tastewise, but as a balancer for the sugar content. I hope my critique of it is not too upsetting, I mean no harm. The most recent smoothies I've tried is that I've put a product called "Alive" in it (got it from local store and it is inexpensive on ebay). It has 100% of the RDA of many vitamins and minerals in it, and can be vanilla flavored. It was very good with bananas as a base (frozen or not), and some of frozen blueberries, peaches, raspberries, strawberries.
i ma sorry you have had such trouble with your health and i hope you are better now Thanks for all the information in your post i am sure many readers will find it very useful I have not had any of these reactions myself and find my smoothies are very healthy for me I dont suffer from diabetes or hypoglycaemia Thanks for your post agin
@aweins (4203)
try this one, this too can give you a jump start. was a stash of berries which are in your freezer. it is ful of vitamin C, soy proteins , fibre and potassium. 1 1/4 cups of orange juice 1 banana 1 1/4 cups of frozen berries (whatever berries you like, blackberies, strwberries, blue berries) 1/2 cup low fat silken tofu or low fat plain yoghurt 1 tbsp sugar combine all the ingredients together in a blender,cover and blend until creamy. serve immediately.
thanks for the recipe this smoothie sounds great ive copied it in my smoothie recipes on my word processor and am going to try it i like adding orange juice to smoothies it makes a good combination i dont really like tofu though but the plain yoghurt sounds good
@brimia (6584)
I love smoothies...this sounds yummy and healthy.
thanks for the reply i hope you try some of the recipes here