Have you ever setup and run a webserver

apache - Powered by Apache Web Server
@mirage108 (3403)
Like the subject line says. Have you ever setup a webserver on a home computer. I have and it is up and running just fine. It is only currently serving my intranet and not to the internet. It was fun to setup and get it working properly with php (scripting language) and mysql servers running also. Is this something you would like to do? What do you think?
I have set up a intranet few days back as part of a project development. I use opensuse 10.2 and the setting up was a breeze. Installed apache,php and mysql, configured my LAN and it was up. Too simple it was.
@mirage108 (3403)
That is great. I have all that setup along with the MS IIS webserver for internal use.
@wurrmed (177)
Tried Apache then installed PHP and worked fine and now still learning to install Mysql server nad yes it is really fun
@mirage108 (3403)
adding mysql is not bad I have all three up and running. I have also got a maching up and running under IIS and running under the .net framwork
So do i, but the server that i have been setup were Personal Web Server and Internet Information Service, the personal web server i used when my Operating system was Wndows 98 and windows millenium edition and the Internet Information Service of course for the windows XP Profesional. I used those kind of server in order to my ASP script work, i prefer ASP script than the others because i felt more comfortable than the others
@mirage108 (3403)
That is good I am still learning, so basicly I am playing with my system.