Birthday Cakes

@Lucille7 (509)
South Africa
Can you bake really nice cakes... I cant... as you can see by the picture, my sons 5th b-day cake was not such a great success... it was a chocolate cake with caramel on top and then the smiley face was made from astro's, my sons favourite sweet at the time... Share some of your cake baking stories please... This is the best cake ever for me and even my son said that it was better than his previous years cake. LOL... so ja, what can I say...
@kathy77 (7487)
Hi Lucille, Yes I can bake really nice cakes, it is not that hard really. I am sorry I cannot see the picture here when I go through my friends discussions. I have made cakes for my family and friends and they always look forward to me baking them a cake and if you have a look at some of my recipes for cakes then this may help you. xx
@Lucille7 (509)
• South Africa
Thank you so much Kathy... I will have a look at some of your recipes and see how I can improve my cake baking skills. So great to hear from you...
@Akeela (2079)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Yes i do but if but buy a box cake I dont think you can go wrong there (I hope ;-) )
@Lucille7 (509)
• South Africa
I have tried those before... they are not so tasty... well we are in South Africa and I know that the box cakes here are very dry and I enjoy a moist cake... But if i am in a hurry then I will buy like the spiderman version or something for my son... but it really is not a very good cake... Thank you so much for your response
I have been baking for many years now.And I learnt all by my own,never went to any class.I even managed to learn a bit of cake decoration by myself.I am very passionate about baking and so I did a lot of research about everything while learning to bake.I learnt to bake from my mom who used to make a ver simple plain vanilla butter cake.My interest started from there(I was about 8 yrs old at the time) and I have been helping my mother since then.I started baking all on my own when I was 14 yrs old, and did not have any disasters as I have read a lot on baking and the ingredients,etc.But your cake looks great too.I agree it is quite simple looking,but nothing matches home made cakes and your son knows it plenty well!:)