I tried an experiment.

@susieq223 (3742)
I had this theory that the discussion title might make a big difference in the number of people who are attracted to read and respond to a discussion. I asked the same question two different ways to see what would happen. I got about the same number of responses to each discussion, so my theory didn't pan out this time. What do you think about this theory?
@pyewacket (44031)
You've peaked my curiosity....I was looking at your profile to try to figure out which two discussions you did that were worded differently and couldn't find them...and now I'm wondering...LOL--did I reply to both??? Hhehee
@susieq223 (3742)
Good question! One was "Do you live in a safe place?" The other was "Tornados, hurricanes, typhoons, etc." No, you only answered one! Why didn't you answer the other one too? lol
@pyewacket (44031)
Just did...hehee
@susieq223 (3742)
Crazy girl!
@charms88 (7540)
I don't know susieq. I always tried to simplify the title and content of my discussion. At times, just by looking at the title, you will know right away what the poster is asking. I still read the content just to make sure I'm giving the appropriate response.
@susieq223 (3742)
Oh, shucks. You are too logical for me! lol!
@webeishere (36353)
It all depends on a members interest level at the time of looking at the titles of dsiscussions. I look at the title then look at the first sentence. If it peeks my interest I respond. So it's not just the title but the first sentence as well in my eyes. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@susieq223 (3742)
Good thought. I'll keep that in mind next time I experiment.