I Finally Waved To My Neighbor

@TerryZ (22083)
Do you remember this discussion I said I thought my neighbors were rude? I got alot of responses saying I should make the first move so I did. Today I went out for my mail and I have to walk down to my street because our mailboxes are on the street. My neighbor was getting her mail too. We both looked at each other and I waved. And she waved back. Awwww isnt that sweet? I had to let everyone know that I do pay attention to what you tell me.LOL It felt good.
@mamasan34 (6521)
I didn't get to read your first post but I am glad you made the first move and got some reaction. I know it is hard to do, I have been in the same situation. My neighbor is very quiet and doesn't associate with anyone. She never waves or says hello, but I continue to say hello and wave at her as I walk by or see her outside. It doesn't matter that she doesn't say hello or wave to me, I know I am doing the right thing and being nice, it is her choice of what she can do next. Kudo's to you!
@TerryZ (22083)
Thankyou mamasan Ive lived here for a couple of years now and its the first I waved to them.
@seabeauty (1480)
I am a bit sensitive when I wave and the other person doesnt wave back. My feelings get hurt and all I could do is wonder why they didnt wave back to me.
@williamjisir (22900)
Hello TerryZ. I am glad that you have already made the first move in waving to your neighbours who were rude. I happened to read this discussion after a year of the discussion. I guess that the neighbourhood relationship between you has already been greatly improved with your first step with good luck.
@TerryZ (22083)
Hi williamjisir I dont even live in that neighborhood any more!LOL I moved a couple of months after that discussion. But thanks anyway!
@cipher2004 (1183)
That's great.As you know I have good neighbors also.When I moved in I made an effort to talk to everyone that walked by etc.
@TerryZ (22083)
Yes your lucky to have good neighbors.
@KrauseHome (36748)
Well, this is the first step. You might need to go and actually say Hi!! to them or something like this next time you see them. I find that this can be a Good ice breaker, and you might find that they are not so bad after all.
@TerryZ (22083)
Im not that interested in talking with them I just dont like being rude.
@pyewacket (44032)
Sometimes it seems we have to make the first move when we think people are being rude or not friendly...and sometimes, maybe they're thinking we're the rude ones for not showing friendliness --and it does feel good when we get that friendly connection
@TerryZ (22083)
I know and I didnt really realize it. Sometimes we need to be reminded.LOL
@gabs8513 (48710)
Lol well don e Sweetie I am happy for you and it is great that you made the first step there Love and Hugs to you
@TerryZ (22083)
And thankyou for giving me some good advice.Hugs back to you.
@mgmagana (3621)
that's good, i'm glad u made the first move! well, maybe next time she'll take the next step and say hi! good job TerryZ
@cherhost (1073)
Way to go! Most people can not ignore a simple wave. When I take our nightly walk, we say hi to about almost everyone we see. Its pretty cool because we are known around the neighbor hood! We live in a court so now when they drive down to turn around... they stop and chat! I honestly can say I love my neighbors. I dont know what I would do without them. I feel safe when we are outside! So keep it up and maybe just make an excuse to talk to her... who knows she could be one of the best friends you can ever have!
@Bev1986 (1427)
We have neighbors who live across the street from us and I wave at them every time I see them, but they just sort of stare back at me! I have no idea why they don't wave back... they work weird hours and are hardly ever home when I am, but I try to be friendly.... Oh well, I'll still keep waving!