How do you feel when you discover you gained a random referral passively?

referral - Free referrals...yay!
I am on several traffic exchanger sites and I think it is cool when I check through my list of programs and see that I have gained a random referral here and there without me having to actively promote anything...just some random visitor decided to sign up for something here and there on my blog. When this happens, I am encouraged and excited to keep trucking with some of these programs!
I don't bother with it most times. I have had the link on my website. I also have it on many of my signature lines. I got one referral thru ebay. They signed up to get traffic to their site. Now longer are they posting or answering. I just had another sign up from who knows where. They are active every week or so. I am not looking for referrals any longer. When I did get the few i have I was very happy thinking it was a good thing. Now I have seen first hand it's just a number next to my earnings.
@latsmom (824)
I feel great when this happens. It's gaining a referral without havng to put my hand in my pocket or do the donkey work. Who would not be happy? IT definately gives you the incentive to keep on trucking (as you say). Good luck with your sites. x