Relationship's Essential Ingredient

@jb_vete (323)
I'm now in my mid 20s. And at this time and age of mine, i've come to realize that relationships are not easy to keep. Love seems to be not enough. I've seen relationships happy and sad, intact and broken. We all want it to be only happy and intact. If only there are procedures and exact guidelines to follow that would secure ourselves for it. Friends, maybe you have something to share on how to keep a relationship. What do you think is the essential ingredient in a relationship aside from love?
You have to be best friends....and beyond that honesty and openness has to be essential to the relationship. A good sense of humor is a bonus.
@jb_vete (323)
That's a really great advice. I should remember that. Thanks songbirdnaimh..
i guess it is appreaciation too..if u admire ur partner more than nyone else..u wud still b a fan after breakup..n soon u wud reconcile bcos at heart u wud know he is not only a gr8 person to hang out wid..but also someone frm whom u can learn.1!
@jb_vete (323)
i love that! i like your opinion. i guess your very right rohitdinho.
Since many will be sharing their views on this topic, I will choose to just add up to what they will say or to what some have already have said: First Ingredient of course is LOVE. Love is associated with the word CONCERN. To love a person means you are concerned about his welfare. Then there is also the RESPECT. It is when you are not trying to change anything about the person but accepts him for he is is. HONESTY which telling the truth and expressing how you feel and what you think about. TRUST means you have faith in that person.
@jb_vete (323)
hello hersmart! that's really smart of you to have sited those five ingredients you think should be present. I agree with you about those too. Thanks for your response.
@tamskie (388)
the essential ingredient in a relationship is first having a good relationship with God! if we put everything first to God then everything will follow. aside from love - trust and respect is also a very big essential ingredient in having a good relationship.
@jb_vete (323)
Thank you for that tamskie. That is really true.